♧ [V1 || Chapter 18] ♧

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

TAP TAP TAP!

"LUCAAAAA!"

WHACK!

In a split second, a blurry figure flashed in front of our eyes and smacked into the pink-haired man right in the face. The two of them crashed down onto the floor with a loud thud. It happened so fast that we couldn't even see the appearance of this mysterious figure.

After a few moments of silence, a person with pink hair rose slowly into our vision. It was only when the figure stood up that I realized it wasn't Luca, but instead a young girl with similar hair colour as the shop owner. She flipped her head around, her pink eyes looking straight at the three of us, causing me to flinch under her scary gaze. The girl wiped away the frown on her face before a bright smile replaced it. It was almost impressive how quickly she could change her expressions.

His daughter perhaps? But, she looks to be around a few years younger than me so, I doubt he had her when he was like 10 years old or something. Maybe it was his sister.

"My sincerest apologies for the shopkeeper's behavior. We don't usually get customers around here so sometimes Luca forgets his manners"

"But, they got through the barrier, Sylvia. Isn't that kind of ama—OW! OW! OW! You're stepping on my fingers!"

We could all hear the distinctive scream of the man, Luca, who was still underneath the counter but, we choose to ignore it. I didn't really want to question their relationship anymore at this point. Instead, I turned my attention to the girl, Sylvia.

"Barrier?"

"Ah, yes! The barrier around the store serves as a warding device against those with ill-intentions towards the shop. As you can tell from the cracked windows, we aren't well-received here," she gave me a grim smile.

I nodded, understanding their predicament since Sir Klein had explained it to me earlier.

"Could you please get off my fingers? They're starting to grow numb," Luca whined weakly.

"Whoops!"

As Sylvia hopped off, from what I presumed were his fingers, Luca stood up and dusted his clothes. For someone who was just kicked in the face and had his fingers stepped on, he looked pretty much uninjured as he scratched his head with a lazy gaze. Sylvia frowned before pulling his robes closer to cover his beautiful abs— ahem, not that I was staring at it intently. Although, I had to admit that I was kind of disappointed. It's not like I could ogle at the family knights whenever they had training since the training grounds were outside the estate. 

Sob! Why must I be deprived of seeing beautiful abs even in this world? All my male classmates in my previous life never had any abs for me to ogle!

"I apologise for my behaviour earlier, dear clients. As my divine spirit mentioned, we rarely get customers around here so I couldn't help but question who you were instead of welcoming you like a proper shopkeeper should. Please allow me to take it back and greet you into our humble alchemy shop," he bowed with a polite grin. 

Stop! Your charms are too blinding!

From the way he spoke, it sounded as if getting a new customer was a once-in-a-blue-moon kinda thing. Wait—

"She's your divine spirit?" I looked at her in shock. But, she looks like a regular child! I thought divine spirits only came in the form of creatures. Luca grinned at me, as if he could read my mind.