Chapter 3

Hey all, didn't know what to put here so put a random surprising fact in the comments, I'm curious what y'all will come up with
————————————————

Izuku's POV

SMASH. I hear glass shattering against a wall, in the living room. Uh oh. Looks like mom's up. I sat up, blinking the sleep out of my eyes. I rub my eyes and stand up. I look at my alarm clock. 5:36 am. I have some time before my alarm rings so I switch it off. I decide to get breakfast later because the only reason mom would wake up this early, was if she was pissed or on fire. Most likely pissed as she wasn't shrieking in pain (if she's on fire, burn baby burn). Nope, not dealing with that. I walked to the bathroom and cleaned up, then changed.

The shower felt good and my hair would dry off before the exam. OH SHIT THE EXAM. I grabbed my textbook, convinced I could do some last minute revision, to ease my nerves. I collapsed on my bed and tried to read the textbook. Keyword: tried. I gave up after 10 minutes, no use reading something that you can memorise after reading it once. I grabbed my phone and decided to watch a movie ( I dunno which one, you decide).

I heard the front door slam closed and decided it was safe to get some breakfast. I made myself some cereal and basically inhaled it. I realised I hadn't eaten for two days. You might be wondering how I could forget to eat for two days, well I dunno, I just slip up and get caught up in stuff. It's not that I actually forget, no, I have perfect memory, I just focus on other stuff and render everything else unimportant. I realise it's time for the exam and sling my bag over my shoulder.

I arrive at the school. Wow it's so big. I take a deep breath and head inside. I made my way to the hall where we were doing the exam. I sat down next to a lilac haired guy that looked like he hadn't slept in months. The pro hero, cementos, entered and explained the rules (I was internally excited, you know my eyes are still dull but I've begun to feel more emotions lately). I have an unnaturally high IQ so I finished in half an hour. Also, the fact the exam extremely easy, including the fact I had memorised about a dozen text books, helped. I started fiddling with my pen, I would've handed in my paper but I decided to wait and hand it in after the first person, I don't want too much attention. I looked around and caught the lilac haired boy gawping at me. I flushed and looked away. Have I mentioned the fact I hate attention? Some blonde girl finally handed in her test after 53 minutes and I followed suit. I left and thought about what grade I would get, of course I could've gotten 100% but I don't wanna seem too smart, no one likes a know-it-all. I failed enough questions to make me look smart but not some kind of genius smart. My train arrived and I got on.

Hitoshi's POV (Weren't expecting that were you)

I woke up to pops yelling "HITO GET UP THE EXAM'S TODAY". Don't you think I know that. I got up and got ready. I headed downstairs, towards the kitchen. " Good morning" I grumbled. I'm not really a morning person, or a sleep person, cause I have insomnia. I heard dad come down and say "Hizashi, it's too early for your loud-ass shit" complained dad. He's not a morning person either. "Sorry Sho" said pops brightly, as dad moved to the coffee machine. "Say, Hito, I still don't get why you're going for hero and general studies" said pops. "It's cause the hero exam usually favours physical quirks so I might not get in and I'll transfer, like dad". "Ohhhh, kay then grab your coffee I'll drive you" came the reply.

I walked in and sat down at a desk, not too far from the front but not too close to the back. A green and black haired kid sat down next to me. Cementos, a friend of my dads' and one of their colleagues, came in and explained what we had to do. The test was kinda hard and I'd been nonstop revising for 5 months so that's saying something. After about 40 minutes had passed I glanced at the kid next to me, he was fiddling with his pen. I looked at his paper, and he'd  FUCKING FINISHED IT. Like how smart was this kid. But... why hadn't he handed in his paper? Like isn't it better to get it over and done with. I realised I was staring, and the kid caught my eye. He flushed and suddenly found the floor really interesting. I went back to my own paper wondering why he was so nervous. A bit later a blonde handed in her paper and only then the kid went up and handed it in. I shook my head and finished the test. I handed it in and left. Why was that kid still on my mind, it's not like I like him or anything, I don't even know him. I hoped that kid and I both got in cause I had about a hundred questions for him. 'Why do you have so many scars (a few peeking out from under his sleeves, one across  his eye but his eye looked fine ( I didn't mention them earlier because he hates them), and there was a really prominent one on his neck)?' 'Why were you so shy?' 'What's your quirk?' 'What's your IQ?' Like I said, loads of questions. I got home and unlocked the door. If I get in, it's gonna be an interesting year.

———————————————
This ones a little short cause I didn't really wanna write the exam in great detail.

As always thanks for reading (try and name an animal that doesn't have knees)
~I'm out✌🏻