Chapter 4

HELLO READERS
How are you guys doing???
Anyways, on with the story ;)
————————————————

Izuku's POV
I paced in front of the apartment letterbox, there was one box for each apartment. I was so nervous, butterflies was an understatement, I had fucking pterodactyls (No, not speaking German). I saw the mailman walk up. He got out a few letters and put them in the right boxes, I looked away because I may have gotten a little more confident but no way in hell was I good at interacting with people. The mailman left and I practically pounced on the mailbox for my apartment. I grabbed the envelope and raced back into the apartment. Mom wasn't home, she was away on a business trip for a few days, so I didn't need to worry about making any noise. I flung open my bedroom door and ran in. I collapsed at my desk. I took a breath and looked at the envelope, about to rip it open. Then I paused. I glared at the envelope in my hands. I had rushed to grab it, but now I'm hesitating. My future could be decided, right here, right now. It all comes down to the moment of truth...

I opened it.

I couldn't believe it. I'd done it. I'd gotten in. I may or may not have squealed, but don't be judgmental, this was a big day for me. Now the next step was proving I'm worth something and getting into the hero course. Yeah, no biggie, real easy, right.
Right?

Hitoshi's POV
Dad and pop both hugged me. I couldn't believe it. I got in to the hero course, all that physical training paid off. Yeah I only got seventh place but I was still ecstatic. I hadn't needed to take the general studies exam. "Let's celebrate, I'll go make some katusudon" said pop. Dad just collapsed on the couch, face down.I grabbed the tv remote and flicked it on. Then pop stuck his head round the door way, "Hey sho, don't you have class 1A this year, and didn't toshi get in 1A" he said. I heard dad give a muffled groan, the couch. I laughed. "Hey, I'm not that problematic" I said, pretending to be offended. "You are, and I blame Zashi" came the muffled reply. Pop pouted before returning to the kitchen to make dinner.I felt really happy, this was gonna be a fun year.

~Time skip brought to by Aizawa adding legs to his sleeping bag (just picture it)~

Still Hitoshi's POV

I woke up to pop yelling as usual, then dad grumbling about the noise. I grabbed my uniform and ran to the bathroom to get ready and changed. Today was my first day at UA. I was so excited. I went downstairs and saw dad and pop kissing. "Gross, get a room" I said, making a face. "You won't be complaining when you're doing that to someone" said dad with a shit eating grin. "SHO DON'T ENCOURAGE it" yelled pop, dad then activated his quirk. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag. "Bye I'm taking the train to school". They are so embarrassing.

(Okay quick thing, I realised I didn't mention, because Izu didn't take the hero exam, Shinso saved uraraka from the robot instead. He didn't punch it, he just managed to get the rubble off her and get her away in time)

I arrived at the classroom. I took a deep breath, then opened the world biggest door. Literally, why did it have to be this big, the school entrance was smaller. Inside I saw a blonde with his feet on the desk and a blue headed dude yelling him about it. I looked at the board and realised my seat was behind the blonde. I internally groaned. At that moment I heard some behind me say " I'd recognise that purple hair anywhere, it's you the boy from the exam". I turned around. It was the brunette I saved at the exam. "Yeah I just wanted to thank you for saving me" she said. "No problem I said in my usual monotone voice. At that moment dad chose to appear.

After the quirk test, basically everything happens the same but with shinso instead of Midoriya

I looked at the results. I'd gotten seventeenth place. Not great but I'll take it. Some dude named mineta got twentieth. Dad expelled him on the spot. Some girl in a ponytail seemed really confused about that. I headed back inside for the changing rooms and afternoon lessons.

It was after school and I'd made two friends. The brunette and the loud blue one. Apparently their names are uraraka and Iida. They seem nice, just energetic. I was walking through the corridors when I turned into a sharp corner and bumped into a greenette. He was with a pink girl with dreadlocks. Then I got a good look at the boy. It was the boy from the exam!

Izuku's POV
I woke up painfully to my alarm. I'd lost track of time on my run yesterday and my mom made sure I paid the price. The bruises and cuts were in place the uniform covers thank god, though a few would peek out. I looked at the scar on my face in the mirror. How ugly. The one on my neck wasn't any better. I got dressed and headed to the corner to meet Hatsume.

I met her a few months ago, I was jogging across the beach and caught a drone she'd lost track of. We became fast friends after that, her doing enough talking for the both of us. I'm okay at support gear, so sometimes I help make or test her inventions. Or as she refers to them, her "babies". She's the only person I know that's fully aware of my quirk but doesn't mind me talking. She also thinks I can be a hero, and that's enough for me. She says when she becomes successful and I become a hero, with her it's never if only when, I'll make a great showing of her "babies". I was ecstatic when I learned she'd also gotten into UA. I wouldn't be alone. She said that at lunchtimes and after school I better come help her in the lab. I agreed, sounds fun, I'd told her. I walked to the corner to find her already there. She looked at some bruises that were showing. If she suspected something, she didn't say anything. Another thing, she may not know what personal space is but she knows when to not cross a line. "Shall we go" she said. I nodded, knowing she had enough talk for both of us.

I said bye to Hatsume and we went our separate ways. I headed to 1C and her 1H. I opened the door and went to my desk, as there was a seating plan on the board. I could feel some eyes on me as I sat down. I glared at the table until the bell rang.

The teacher came in and introduced herself. I already knew who she was though. She was the pro hero Storm. She can shoot lightning from her fingers, and she can control how much damage they do. Whether the lighting paralysed you for 5-10 minutes or fried you to knock you unconscious. She was ranked 53. Her real name was Lucy Jeffords, she was born in America but had moved to japan to go to UA. Miss Jeffords then lead us to orientation. I looked around and saw a class was missing. I checked and saw that it was Class 1A that wasn't there. All the other teachers didn't look surprised in the slightest, just annoyed.

After orientation, we had some lessons and then it was lunch. I grabbed some lunch and brought it to the lab knowing Hatsume would forget. She grabbed it greedily and ate, talking 100 miles per hour about her latest invention. I kept up with her and gave her my opinions and helped her work out the kinks. She said she'd test after school so I could help. I nodded. The bell rang so I had to go back to class. I walked slowly because, I didn't like my classroom, everyone just kept to themselves and newly established friend groups and gossiped. Afterwards, the end of school bell rang and I left to see Hatsume. She'd put the invention in her duffel bag and slung it over her shoulder. We talked on the way. Well she talked, while I added a point or my own opinion here and there.

We rounded a corner and I bumped into someone. He was a little taller than me, with lilac hair that stuck up and eye bags that showed very little sleep. Yeah I had eye bags but I covered them up with consealer Hatsume bought for me, because she said I needed it. The boy seemed to be studying me. I could have sworn I'd seen him before somewhere but I couldn't put my finger on it. I apologised and bowed. I stuck out my hand and told home my name, while looking at my shoes. I glanced up. He seemed to consider it, than she shook my hand and said "Hitoshi Shinso, my quirk's brainwashing". He looked bewildered at why he'd said that last part. "C-charmspeak" I mumbled.
He looked at me with his purple eyes, then said the three words I least expected.
"Wanna be friends?"

———————————————————
Hey guys thanks for reading and the votes, it means a lot to me. Sorry about all the time skips, I'm just lazy to write the details.
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee 😋