~ 2: Miyuki & Chris-senpai ~

Got inspired by the Szene in season 1 episode 39 where Miyuki catches Tanbas pitch. Somehow I thought there should be some more attention to Miyukis Injury. Sadly I like it when he suffering ^^ *hehe*
Have fun! Hope you like it. 😊

~~~~~
The game against Yakushi was in the top 7th inning. Only a few more well places pitches, some strikes from our ace and the game would be decided!

One step closer to Koshien!

I called for Tanbas best pitch - his curveball. The batter - Sanada was cornered. He needs to swing no matter what comes. I see Tanba get ready and the small white ball flies into my direction. The typical curve - suddenly it changes its path. My eyes widen in surprise. It was rare to see Tanba throw a wild pitch.

I couldn't let the ball get behind me! Yakushi would get a run! Instinctively I reach out with my right had. The ball bounces of my hand and onto the ground once and I grab it! For a second it seems like everything was frozen. Before the referee signals ‚safe' and stops the runner at third base from approaching.

I sigh relieved. Holding the ball loose in my fingers I felt my hand tremble slightly. ‚That hurt!' I thought. The impact of a pitch around 140km/h on bare skin would at least leave a bruise. Well, whatever! Bruises were nothing new to me.

Concentrating back on the game I throw the ball back to Tanba. I've got no time to think, we needed to strike Sanada out. Tanbas next curve is as perfect as his head was shaved. It curved right before Sanadas face.

"Batter out."

We get ready for the bottom of the eight inning. We get to expand our lead with a run. I could tell there was something wrong with my wrist. To action of holding the bat and swinging it hurt a little thought it was nothing I couldn't handle.

We get into the top of the ninth inning and I kneel down at the home plate. Only a few well placed strikes and the game will be over! Yakushi tried hard to get runners on the bases to turn the game when that first year monster would be up to bat.

That plan went relatively well, but when the young batter stepped into the next I could tell there was something off. His aura was different. Just like Sawamura when he was thinking to hard. A small smirk of malicious joy played across his lips.

They could close this game with three strikes. The first year was probably realizing how much expectations there were and all the pressure was making him nervous. He himself obviously hadn't a clue about what was going on, but we could use his weakness to win. That's what sports are about.

Tanba threw three perfect strikes and the words „Batter out. Game Seidou." ended the match. We took one step closer to the finals. One step closer to Koshien. To finish this game with our ace feels really good.

Slowly we leave the field crowding into the locker room. Still feeling the joy of winning I start to change out of my uniform. It takes some time until we get in the bus and drive back home.

The ride is surprisingly quiet thanks to the exhaustion taking place. Now that the adrenaline was fading I could feel the uncomfortable pressure. It pulses with every heartbeat sending a wave of pain up and down my wrist. But with Chris-senpai sitting next to me there was no way I could just take a look at my wrist. It was probably already swelling and I wouldn't be surprised if half of the skin would be purplish blue. Chris would immediately catch me if I would move somehow.

I decide to leave it be and just wait until I'm alone in my room. There's nothing I could do right now anyway. Sighing I close my eyes feeling fatigue taking its toll on me. A little sleep would probably help.
"Miyuki.", Chris-senpais voice pulled me out of my slumber. "We're back."

Tiredly I get up and leave the bus slowly like the rest the team. Taking my bag with the left hand I slowly make my way to my room. Feeling exhausted I only want to lie down and sleep. Everything I need to do could wait until tomorrow.

Letting my bag unceremoniously fall to the ground and sink down onto my bed. Melting into the mattress I close my eyes and am ready to succumb to the darkness of sleep. But a sudden knock against the dorm door prevents the road to my dreamland.

Maybe I can ignore whoever wants something from me. But that someone knocks again followed by an all to known voice.

"Miyuki."

"Chris-senpai.", I mumble. I stand up and open the door. Putting on my usual grin I smile at him! "Chris-senpai! What can I do for you?"

"Sit down and stop that stupid grin.", he just answers and gently pushes me back to my bed.
A little surprised and confused I sat down onto my bed watching Chris curiously.

"What-?"

"Did you think I wouldn't notice?", Chris smiles sadly. "Show me your hand."
My smile fades when I remember the pain in my wrist. Silently I hold my hand out to him. When I look down I flinch when I see the purple bruise around my hand and wrist.

I flinch when he carefully touches the tender skin around my hand. "Can you move your hand?", he asks.

Carefully I move my hand in different directions. It hurts but it doesn't feel like there was something broken.

"Good. Looks like it's just badly bruised.", Chris-senpai said. "I'll go and get you some ice."

Just nodding I lean back against the wall behind my bed fighting to stay awake. The clock on the wall across the room showed it was just past 9.

It only takes a few moments for Chris-senpai to return with a bag of ice. Gently he puts it onto my bruised skin. The touch and weight hurts for the first seconds, before the cold slowly but surely numbs the pain away. I feel the tension leave my body and thanks to the slowly fading pain I can finally relax.

"Tomorrow you should skip batting practice."

"Yeah probably.", I mumble.

Come over tomorrow morning and I help you tape the wrist to reduce the movement."

„Will do. Thanks."

"It's my job to take care of all of our players. Sometimes you're as reckless and stubborn as Sawamura. You should now better then to hide injuries. Especially at such an important time. The team needs you as a catcher and cleanup in your best condition!", he scolds me.

At some point I stopped listening. Chris-senpais voice sounded far away and the words mixed together. I was damn tired and there was no way I could hold my eyesores any longer.

„Miyuki?", my eyes snap open at my name. „Lay down, before you fall asleep.", he says and smiles gently.

I do as he tells me and drift into my dreamland. Not even noticing Chris-Senpai leaving the room.

In the next morning I visit his room to thank him for last night. He helps me tape my wrist and tells me to take care of myself.