~4: Miyuki & Okumura ~

@Otarmy569 Here is my try to write a story for your request ^^

————

First I feel a body collide against me pushing me of my feet. Then my head connects with the ground beneath me. The helmet I wear doesn't help much against the harsh impact and for a second my vision goes dark.

A flash of pain explodes behind my eyes before a high pitched sound starts to ring in my right ear. I blink a few times to clear my somewhat blurry vision. A little dazed I start to sit up. I feel ok. Sure my head is killing me right now, but there are still two innings left to play.

„Okumura-kun?", asks Asada quietly. He stands in front of me looking scared to death.

„I'm fine.", I say and stand up. I'm sure I can handle the last two innings. I feel the eyes of Coach Ochiai and the referee on my. I signal them that I'm not hurt and fine to keep playing.

Even thought it is hard to concentrate because of the headache that keeps drumming in my head and the annoying ringing I do as best as I could. The slight nausea doesn't help at all. I swallow thickly.
I need to be strong right now.
I need to show the coach what I can!
I need to get into the first string.
It seems like an eternity for the game to end. By then I doesn't feel good at all. Taku seems to notice that something is not right.

„Kōshū?", he asks worried.

„I'm fine. Just tired.", I lie at my best friend because I doesn't want him to worry. „I'll go take a shower." I take my sports bag and slowly leave the dougout thankful that the game has been at Seido.

The way to my room feels like a marathon. My knees feel suddenly so weak. My vision was blurring around the edges and I feel a little dizzy. I slowly walk up the steps to my room. Every step takes more energy then the last one and I just want to lie down, close my eyes and fall asleep. I want the world to stop spinning. I'm glad when I reached the top of the stairs when suddenly the world around me tips to the right side and I stumble against the railing. With something between a groan and a whine I crash down to my knees desperately grabing the railing to keep me somewhat upright and close my eyes to hopefully stop the movement. The dizziness doesn't help the sick feeling, instead I fear that I might throw up every moment.
Slowly I take a few shallow breaths to calm down. It helps a little and I force myself to stand back up. I'm tired and just want to lay down in my bed and sleep. The floor in front of me is kind a blurry and I'm not sure which door is the right one.

„Okumura!", an all to known voice calls my name. I sigh in annoyance totally not in the mood to deal with him - Miyuki Kazuya. I can't stand his stupid smile. He steps up the same stairs I took a few moments ago and comes closer from behind.

„How was the game?", he asks and stops next to me.

„We won.", I answer shortly and take a step closer to our room. I try to walk as normally as possible and hide the fact that every step was agony. He would be the last person I want to see me like this!

I open the door to our room and put my bag in its usual place next to my bed. I hear Miyuki enter after me and he walks across the room to sit at his desk. I can tell he's watching me. I grab me fresh clothes and turn around when suddenly the world starts to shift again. Reflexively I grab the bed post to keep my balance. I hold the post as tightly as possible as if I could fight the vertigo like that.

„Okumura?", Miyuki asks worried. „Are you ok?"
I really want to answer but I was afraid that I might throw up when I would open my mouth. Instead I just nod my head and glare at him the best I could.

According to his sad smile I wasn't successfully in trying to fool him. I swallow and take a few deep breaths to calm my queasy stomach.

„Leave me alone.", I mumble quietly and push away from the bedpost I was still clinging to. I take a few steps away and open the door with more force then probably necessary.