~ 3: Miyuki & Kuramochi ~

while rewatching Diamond no Ace for the thousandth time - well probably third time - I finally decided to write a one shot about Miyuki after his injury at the end of season 2 and how Kuramochi helps him out.
Just some random thoughts! ^^
Have fun! :D

~~~~~
Miyuki slowly moved from his kneeling position at the plate to a standing position and watched the players from the dog-out came rushing onto the field. Jumping onto Furuya, cheering and yelling in joy and excitement.

Miyuki only had enough energy left to form a tired smile. He was exhausted. It took all his willpower to keep his eyes open and to stay standing. His legs felt like jelly. His right side was one undefined pulsing pain. Ever since his heroic slide back home last inning he was sure that it wasn't a simple muscle injury. Every breath he took hurt in his chest. Every step he took went like a shock wave through his body. All he really wanted was to sit down and rest.

Suddenly he felt a hand on his back. He looked to the side. Kuramochi was standing next to him. His smile bright and happy.

"Come on, Captain! Let's line up and then get you to the hospital!", he said and slowly pulled the catcher into the direction of the lineup.

For a short moment Miyuki felt pity for Yakushis team. Their eyes were sad and he could tell many of them were fighting tears. He understood how they felt. Last year they experienced the same. But this year they made it!
They were going to Nationals.
Seido was going to Koshien!

Kuramochi helped Miyuki silently out of his catcher gear and slowly they make their way back to the dog-out and into the locker room.
Heavily Miyuki let himself fall down onto the bench in the changing room. Leaning back against the wall behind him he closed his eyes for a short moment. His right arm tightly pressed against his side in hope to keep the pain as low as possible.

"Miyuki. I'm sorry. I didn't plan to let you play. But you know, how Yakushi is. I didn't want to give them any chances. In the end I prioritized the win over your health.", coach Kataoka said seriously.

"Well, if you thought I was still useful, I'm glad. I thought, I was dragging the team down with my selfishness.", Miyuki answered his usual grin on his lips.

"Don't play so cool, idiot!", Maezono yelled and Nori mumbles: "You wouldn't have left the field either way."

"Whatever! I'll take care of him now!", Kuramochi said and helped Miyuki stand up. Pulling his arm across his shoulders.

"I can walk by myself!", Miyuki protested, thought he was thankful for the help, because his legs felt like they could give away any second. Thought he would never admit this weakness in front of the team! After all he was the cleanup, catcher and captain! He had a reputation to maintain.

The taxi was already waiting for them outside the stadium. The moment Miyuki stepped out of the stadium it was like all his energy left him. He felt his knees buckle and Kuramochi grabbed him tighter. "Oi! Hang in there!"

"I can't do it..", he mumbles his head hanging low.

"What do you mean?", Masuko asked confused.

"I'm no good captain. You guys should put yourself in my position. You can be captains.", he slurred and his eyes started to close, dark spots clouding his vision close to the edge of unconsciousness.

During the drive to the hospital Miyuki barely registered what happened. He was just glad to sit down and that he could rest.

He heard Kuramochi and Masuko rant and bitch about his stupid behavior but he didn't care. But it sounded far away.