Shinobu x Reader

Requested by Mistress_NightSky
Sorry it took so long I needed to redo it entirely because the other version was bad.
(Not spell or grammar checked)

   "You should be more careful, Y/n, I wouldn't want to sew anymore stitches on your body." You chuckle light heartedly.
"Thanks for saving my ass again Shi." Her usual smile still plastered on her face as she replies with an, Of course.
It's been a common occurrence now, you going on missions with Shinobu. You never knew why you two got along so well together. You were far from graceful like Shinobu was, you were loud and sometimes impolite without realizing. Maybe that's why you two got along so well because of how different you two are. They do say opposites attract.
"Dang, what do you think those bastards accomplished by trying to strike at us while the sun was still setting? Seems like a dumbass move." Shinobu comes up to you.
"I don't know, maybe they were hoping to feast on us early just like they did with those people. The early bird does get the worm after all." Shinobu replied.
"There's still more around, I can sense it." You say.
"I trust your judgment, but perhaps we should wait for them to come to us, they'll wonder where their friends have gone and when they come looking we'll strike." You nod.
"I trust your judgment." You reply making Shinobu chuckle lightly.
For some odd reason you always hated the smile Shinobu wore on her face. You could tell it wasn't real, just a facade she did put up. You would wait til the day she did show her actual smile, but you ever so badly wanted to see it soon. A real genuine smile from Kocho Shinobu, that's what you worked for.
She was beauty and grace defined so why did she try so hard to put up a front? She was still going to be beauty and grace in your eyes, who cares what others think?
"Do you think that people get closure after revenging their loved ones, Y/n?" You look up meeting Shinobu's amethyst colored eyes.
"I dunno. I doubt it would feel good working so hard to get just one simple thing. I wouldn't say to move on and let go, grief is difficult and it depends on the person who's grieving, you know? You can't ignore your grief, but why act on it?" Shinobu nods looking down and you pondered for a second thinking you did something wrong.
"How'd you manage your revenge? Your closure?" Shinobu questions.
"Demons took my family and I am getting revenge, but who knows if this is the life my family would want for me. I lay awake sometimes wondering if they're proud of me, I wonder if they think I'm doing the right thing, I mean being a demon slayer wasn't what I wanted to be or do. You can't really tell how your relatives feel after they're gone, life's a bitch like that." You sigh.
Shinobu looks up at you, tears evidently forming in her eyes, "What did you want to be?"
"Dunno, a vet?" You shrug, Shinobu looks at you for a second until she bursts out in a fit of laughter, you can help but smile.
"I don't mean to laugh, but you a vet? Really?" She laughs harder, your heart practically beaming and beating boisterously. You begin to laugh too, you didn't know why but seeing Shinobu laugh made you laugh. After the laughter died down, Shinobu's wipes the tears from her eyes.
"You're the only person who can make me laugh like this." She admits.
"What an accomplishment." You reply.
Shinobu looks up at you genuinely happy, before it turns into a stern look, then replaced with her usual forced smile. She grabs your shoulder, you let out a little huh?, before she pushes you away. You land on the ground before you could realize what had happened. You look up seeing Shinobu a demon on top of her gnawing at her forearm she's blocking her face.
Her katana was knocked away because of the force of the demon landing on her and her reflexes to protect her face from the demon. Her face twisting in pain, fuck! You rushed over gripping at your katana than swiftly cutting the demons head off. You pushed the now beheaded demon off of her.
"You okay?" You rush to sit by her side as she grips to her forearm.
"I'll be okay, how are you?" Shinobu wonders.
"Tch..." You chuckle, "Guess I'll be the one seeing your stitches this time?"
The genuine smile stretches across your face as she looks at you once again she makes your heart flutter.

I have a massive headache and it's 6am :)).