Chapter One

"What do you use these notebooks for?"

The officer's eyes were cold and hard as stone as they pierced his eyes like an arrow.

Maybe even right through them and into his very heart, leaving a gaping hole of nothing but blackness.

Emptiness.

... and numbness.

With wide eyes and growing horror, his gaze fell onto the figures behind the glass pane, the faint outline of his reflection blocking the clear view of the people behind it.

But they were all far too familiar to him.

He could have recognized them anywhere, even if it was pitch black in the room.

A̶i̶z̶a̶w̶a̶-s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶i̶ Eraserhead was there and a few other pro heroes and teachers at U.A, including Nedzu.

And Sir Nighteye.

... and... All Might...

...o̶f̶ c̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶ h̶e̶'d̶ b̶e̶ h̶e̶r̶e̶ w̶h̶a̶t̶ h̶a̶d̶ h̶e̶ e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶e̶—

'Oh', he thought bitterly.

'U.A. was supposed to be different... I was a fool to think anything would change.'

_

The last two weeks have been strange, to say the least.

As he should have known, and as many problems in his life, everything started with his notebook.

Specifically him forgetting his newest one in the classroom.

'So stupid...', he thought. '...that all it had taken was h̶i̶s̶ n̶o̶t̶e̶b̶o̶o̶k̶ that thing, that stupid little thing.'
It shouldn't have been a big deal, really, because even if someone found it, his name was written on it and the person could give it back.
Besides, those notebooks weren't a big deal at all, he wasn't hiding anything in them. Everyone knew his obsession with heroes and that he absolutely adored analyzing them, though the answer as to why he loved that hobby so much he always left unanswered.

Not that he didn't trust his friends, because he did! It took a lot of time and effort, but he could safely say that he trusted them with his life now, and yet the whole topic surrounding his quirkless past was still something he kept under wraps.

And those notebooks were a big part of it.

They weren't just a hobby, they were also a coping mechanism to calm his mind, focus and not feel completely useless to society.
It was the only thing that made him feel smart in middle school when the teachers continously faked his grades, and the children laughed about it.

At least they couldn't fake the notebooks and amount of effort he put in them.

He was able to get Shinsou to open up to him thanks to them, after Izuku proposed different ways he could use his quirk and convinced him repeatedly that the quirk he had was so useful for underground work.

Todoroki had come to him, too. After the Hosu incident, both of them had come a lot closer and hung out in his room. That day, the green haired boy had pulled out his notebook and asked him questions about both sides of his quirk, proposing different ways to improve his weak points and fighting style. ((...and created a draft with the title Eat shit Endeavor, a compilation of evidences, stats and graphs that not only proved he was not worthy of being the number two hero but could also get him stripped of his title ;D yk, for later purposes ))

So yeah, technically, he had nothing to worry about.

It was fine.

... but then the next day, the book was gone.