𝟏𝟕

a/n: charlotte's dress for the founders' party is above ⬆

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ━═☆

Charlotte had no intention of attending the party for Founders' Day 150th Anniversary whatsoever, it would bring up memories for the last time she had attended that but Damon was persistent on them three blending-in as he dragged her and Stefan there.

"This is not how I planned to spend the night," Charlotte grumbled as they stopped in front of the door, the shorter brunette standing between the Salvatores.

"You were going to sleep, nothing interesting," Damon deadpanned as she nudged him, huffing.

The Bernard shook her head, crossing her arms, "Not interesting but comfy."

"Oh god! I shouldn't be here," Stefan stated, looking the Lockwood mansion over with a scowl on his face.

Damon shook his head at the two, "Could there have been a better time for you two to be back as friends and annoy me?" He asked as Charlotte rolled her eyes, "Come on, don't be downers, it's a party for the founding families! That would be us. That would be rude to skip it."

"I don't want to run into my presumed family," The Bernard sighed, following them inside as she stopped at the door, "Well, look at that...fate doesn't want me here."

She shrugged, turning to walk away before Damon placed his hands on her shoulders, turning her to face the door once again as Serena and Tyler, "Char! You came, finally someone fun."

"That actually hurt," Tyler joked, feigning hurt as he turned to Charlotte, "Hey, guys, come on in."

"Looks like fate wants you here," Damon shrugged with that sinful smirk wide on his lips as he pulled her to where Stefan stood still, watching them in amusement.

Stefan huffed out, rolling his eyes, "I really liked you a whole lot better when you hated everybody."

"Didn't we all," Charlotte agreed, crossing her arms as she looked around to be on-guard if Izadora Bernard happened to be there, she wasn't ready for another interrogation as she barely escaped the last time.

"And I really liked it a whole better when you two wouldn't agree on a thing," Damon shot back, rolling his eyes, "But, I still do hate everybody. I just love that they love me."