1

Kwesi awoke to his heart beating erratically and a dull throb in his temples. He cringed inwardly, Some weird ass dream, he thought. If you could even call it one. A dream filled with men dressed in white and a strange humming followed him through his wake. He supposed these strangers chucking him into a tube filled with wires and strange liquid would be considered a dream.

Ah yes, a dream.

An extreme dream.

Squinting from the harsh sunlight, he growled. Mornings were not his shit. Groggily rolling around he casted a glance at his room. His face twisted in confusion.

"What the fuck?" Tumbled out of his mouth before he could stop. His eyes trailed along the walls of the cartoony-looking room. A room that was completely covered in pink. A room that was NOT his. So why did it seem familiar?

Gears turned in his mind as he inspected everywhere, slightly panicking. The pounding of his heart singing aloud in his ears as sweat began to collect on his skin. He saw this place before. He knew it.

He stumbled around, miscellaneous items scattered the floor as he frantically searched. Finally, he found the full bodied mirror, propped next to a chest of draws. Looking at it, he stared dumbfoundedly at his reflection.

Because instead of Kwesi Carr, there was a short little girl with bubblegum hair and jaded irises.

Kwesi let out a strangled cry.

●○●○

The boy stood in mute shock. Repeatedly slapping his cheeks until they were red-much like his shirt.

"Holy Shit."

Slap!

"I'm a girl!" His eyes bugged out of the sockets, marveling at the high pitched tone of her-his voice. Staring at what should've been melanin, now completely pale. Ebony hair that was nappy now straight, brightly colored and the almond eyes now jade.

"No, no, NO! This can't be happening!" He whisper yelled to himself but the fact became more apparent with the uncomfortable space between his legs. He groaned, pulling his now pink hair.

"This is some real fucked up shit right here."

He began to hyperventilate. "I can't say ni-"

"Sakura!" A sharp voice from down the halls, startling him, "Hurry up you're gonna be late!" Scrambling to his feet, he noted with distaste at how short he was. Huffing, he entered the brightly lit hallway. A foreign scent immediately flooded his nostrils. Whatever it was it smelled good. Coming to meet two awfully familiar faces in the kitchen, he sat at the table quietly. Mind too numb and tired, he forced out a soft "Mornin'."

"Sakura you look a bit sick. Are you okay dear?" Mebuki Haruno asked kindly, smiling at him. The young boy was stumped, unable to form a coherent syllable in his mind. Everything was moving too fast.

"Yup all good." He chirped back, grateful that his voice didn't shake.

"Kiddo, you're gonna be late." Kizashi piped up.

Oh shi-

"Well I'm off!" He began to run far, far away from that parental disaster.

Wrong direction dumbass. A voice snickered. "Shut up!" He muttered angrily. Kwesi wasn't in the mood to deal with such bullshit, as a million questions raced through his tired mind. The walking itself was, so to speak, odd. The unsettling absence of his little friend was too uncomfortable!