7

"Dammit!"

Kwesi yelled at the top of his lungs, releasing a battle cry. The earth beneath him rumbled. His chakra saturated the ground, fluctuating with each pull. His brows were knitted in deep concentration, sweat was dripping of his body. He extended his range to the max, ten meters. Ten meters he could go without collapsing.

He inhaled deeply, forcing every single muscle in his scrawny body to obey. A spike in his chakra, focusing on an intermediate area, he watched in one swift movement, how the earth raised above ground level to form a giant spike, twice the height of himself.

He fell to his knees, breathing heavily. So this was it? This was his limit? Surely he could do more.

"Not good enough." He gritted his teeth in frustration.

Careful not to overdo it, Kwesi.

"Overdo What?" Fatigue was evident his tone. "If I don't do this then who Will? Tell me, who's gonna do it?"

You've made so much progress already-

"Progress?!" He cried, "You think being exhausted after only fifteen minutes is Progress? At this point anyone is better than me-"

KWESI.

Oh god how much he wanted to cry. For most it would probably seem silly. Being upset over something so trivial, but he was always one to get distressed easily. He poured his heart and soul into the things he is passionate about. Why wouldn't he get upset? Who wouldn't be after failing so miserably?

He didn't want to go back that house, he wanted to go home. His home and have a hot meal that his mother cooked. And he'd listen to her day, even if it bore him. How she talked about the women at her work. He'd tell his sister about the adventures he had. He'd do it all. How nice it would be just to fall asleep and wake up back home. His home.

If only things were that easy.

"How else am I supposed to get home?" Kwesi whispered.

You just need to keep practicing. Power and skill take time, and for a newcomer, I'd say you're doing a pretty great job. Much better than the last time.

That made his inner turmoil stop. The voice in his head was truly bizarre. He chalked it up to schizophrenia, that being the only logical answer. But how logical was waking up in an anime that you watched as a kid? Ridiculous right? But the last line. That last line resonated throughout his head and raised alarming suspicion...

"Wait...what do you mean by that?"

What? What do you mean by What?

He narrowed his eyes suspiciously, " What do mean better than the last time?"

No answer.

"Hello?"

Nothing but the empty silence occupied his head space.

"What the hell man, answer me dammit!" Something didn't feel right about this. Kwesi could feel the last of his patience diminishing with the mysterious being that lurked in his mind.

"Listen here you fuck-"

"Sa...kura?"

"WHAT-oh Ino..." a flabbergasted Ino stood before him, confusion painted across her features. He almost forgot who he was for a moment.

"Who were you talking to?" She looked around cautiously before slowly looking back to him. He offered her a sheepish smile.

"It's nothing, you don't have to worry." She scrunched her nose.