Chapter 3: Sang's Survival

Sang's Pov.

I open my eyes from my slumber. It is dark inside my fortress. The sun Rao on the Phantom Zone never leaves the planet. Thanks to a program built into my fortress created by my father Jor-El. I can adjust the lighting inside the fortress on the control panel to be able to sleep or have my father Jor-El do it through voice command. The fortress has a sliding panel at the top of the ceiling. When closed no light comes through.

When the panels are opened the sun comes through the hole. The light reflects off the crystals. Then the light bounces off the crystals down a path guided down to the control room. The light surrounds the control room by bouncing in different directions of the crystals above my head. I think the earth reference is like a light bouncing off a mirror with a certain direction for the light to go. Each crystal placed and correlates for a given direction.

I sit up from the hard crystal bed I've slept on ever since I was 5 amzeto pass birth. (amzet: 1 year, lorax: 1 month, wolu: 1 hour, zetyar: 1 day, and fanff is 1 week in Kryptonian. "o" means the plural form of the word in Kryptonian. She knows earth and Kryptonian language.)

I begin rubbing my eyes. "Okay Father, turn on the lights." The fortress begins to engulf the room. I get up to go over to the control panel across the room. I press a crystal on the side corner of the panel. It opens a hidden hole in the wall. I hide my prized possessions inside there. I have my pink communication device.

It was given to me from my parents. It's a communication device to communicate and seek out my brother. I send out a signal every day to my brother Kal-El ever since I was 7 amzeto pass birth. I'm now 16 amzeto pass birth. One day my brother will find me and rescue me. The next item is my blanket from my spaceship. It came from Krypton given by my parents.

I have a few clothes I made from leaves, vines, and fur from a small creature that lives here. It's an herbivore. The creature is about the size I believe called a baby bear cub. It's not too big. The creature is called by Kryptonians here an Orycotombatid. My father Jor-El built a program set up for me to learn Earth languages, customs, cultures and histories. I also learned about plants and animals too. I wanted to know everything I can. He built the program for us to learn how to survive on Earth. Even though we were babies sent out. It was built in to teach us everything about our new home and the home we lost. It didn't matter the age we were able to build our fortress or even if separated from each other. We had safe place to go.

For instance, in my case I was separated from my brother sent here to the Phantom Zone. I crashed on the edge of a mountain base. I was alone for 8 woluo before someone found me. This planet has nothing but dangerous plants and animals everywhere. There are only a few nonthreatening species for medicinal herbs or plant eating animals. Along with criminals living here exiled from Krypton with no powers. It was nothing but a miracle I was found by one good person and taken care of. Raya is my guardian. She found me when I was a baby.

She was my father Jor-El's assistant back on Krypton. She helped build the crystal Fortress with my father and my communication device along with my brother Kal-El's. She taught me how to work everything inside my fortress. My father Jor-El sent her here to save her when our planet Krypton was going to be destroyed. She crashed close to where I crashed. She landed here 2 fanffo before Krpton exploded. She was there at our birth a fanff before Father sent her away. She was surprised to find me here on Phantom Zone.

If she seen me come to the Phantom Zone, we know other Kryptonians did as well. Raya was able to take me back to her hide out in the mountains. It was a cave on the side of the mountain behind plants that move when touched but move back down after a few dendaro (minutes). Raya had to go back for my ship after she had me settled. They could not find my ship and know I'm here. She took care of me and we would hide until the search parties finally stopped. Raya had to hide me inside the cave to gather food and water for us. She had a cloaking device father gave to her to hide us inside the cave. It was like there was not a hole just rock and just the plants growing down shielding us.