CHAPTER 21

BUT I MISS YOU

On Wednesday, next week, after school, Liam, Harp and I have a video call where I tell them about the incident that occurred at night last week, about our waffle place encounter and about how it's been a week and a half since Luke and me properly talked.

"He still likes you." Harp plainly states after I'm done and I raise my brow, "How are you saying it so surely?"

"Well for starters, you felt him glancing your way every now and then, at the waffles place. And Rebecca said that she's seen him do it otherwise too." Oh ok, so she's going from the beginning. I nod.

"Ok second. David himself said that Luke likes you. How can you still doubt it? They've been best friends since forever, I'm pretty sure they understand each other like that. Ooh ooh and he said that Luke has been gloomy all week and not been playing video games competitively. Guys are always competitive for that stuff Brooks. Luke's disturbed by this distance too."

I bite my lip and Liam agrees, "Yup and Luke is crazy competitive when it comes to Fortnite. I've played with him and believe me when I say, he gets mad when he loses." Liam chuckles and we join in.

"Then, he hurt himself for you Brooklyn." Harp continues, "He fought with those guys for you. Of course, he would've done it anyways but if he didn't care he would've just gone back after the fight. But he didn't. He made sure you felt safe. Oh and by the way, where did he say he was going to?" She asks, grinning.

"Some girl's house. She called him over." I say, looking down with a frown. Then suddenly I realize something and my head jerks up, "Wait, there are no other kids in this building other than Luke and me!" I say, my eyes wide and Harp smirks, "EXACTLY!"

"Wow Brooks." Liam smiles, "He came up with you to make sure you reach home safe!" Harp squeals, "Oh goodness this is so cute, I'm going to dieeee." She holds a pillow to her face and I laugh at her antics.

"That's okay bu-"

"Can you let me have a moment here? I'm not done with the reasons." She says in a muffled voice, probably grinning behind the pillow. I zip my mouth and Liam and me wait for her to finish. After about 2 minutes she's back, with a completely serious face.

"Ok next. Your eyes met in school several times and you caught him looking at you once. So that means, he's not ignoring you because he wants to. And plussssss he asked you if you were going to the Winter Formal Brooks! So he wanted to know if you would be going with anyone else probably. Ooh and did I also mention about how he rejected girls who slid into his dms? How can you still after all that think he doesn't like you?"

She has a point. All these things are actually shocking me now. I never looked at it that way. I start grinning like crazy when I realize this, "So he isn't doing this for no reason then. But why is he ignoring me? What's the reason?"

Harp shrugs at this, "I don't know about that BUT, when he does start talking to you again, make him fight for you. Don't let him get you so easily. It'll be fun to watch." She winks and I chuckle, "Okay Harp. Sure."

xxxx

"You know what I just realized on my way here Brooks?" Liam asks, when I sit inside his car in the morning the next day. "Enlighten me." I reply.

"We're back to 'Carpooliam'." He grins and I roll my eyes, chuckling, "God Liam, I thought we were over that."

"Hey it was funny just a few months ago before you ditched me for rides to school with Luke okay?" He defends himself, driving into the main road. I bite back a smile, "Ok fine. It's still funny." I roll my eyes.