5.) My Significant Otter is Otterly Ridiculous

The next day, school was cancelled. The students of 1A were advised to stay home. Maki obviously ignores that, and she heads over to the Todoroki residence.

"Shochan!" she shouts as she enters the house without knocking. "We're going out so get ready!"

The house was empty. Endeavor was likely off heroing, and Fuyumi was teaching.

She walks into the kitchen to find Shoto eating in his pajamas.

"Maki."

She hugs him with a big smile. "Hi, Shochan! Once you're done eating, let's head out after you get ready."

"I thought we were told not to leave our homes?"

"I think the two of us are strong enough to take down any of those dumb villains if they try to come for us," she says, looking at his bedhead and fixing it as much as she can. "Besides, the leader got really injured with all the bullets from Snipe sensei, and the mist guy probably won't do anything without him. We'll be fine."

He nods as she sits beside him to play on her phone while she waits for him to be finished getting ready. He finishes eating then disappears into the house to get dressed for going out.

He returns a half hour later, outside clothes on and hair brushed. "I'm ready."

"Great! Let's go!" She puts her phone in her pocket and grabs his arm, racing out the door. "I've got the whole day planned out! First we're going to pick up some food, then we're going to head to the park for a picnic, then we can go shopping if ya want to, then a surprise, then we can go eat again for dinner. That sound good?"

"Sure."

She pouts. "Shochan!"

"What?"

"How am I suppose to tell if you like what I planned if all you say is 'sure'?!" she huffs, pouting her lips.

"I already told you that I'm okay with doing whatever you wanna do."

She gets an idea. "Then what if I wanted a kiss?"

His expression becomes a bit flustered. "I.. uh..."

She laughs. "I'm just messing with you. Maybe one day though, huh?"

"Oh..."

Her chauffeur opens the door for her and she gets in, pulling Shoto in behind her. "To the grocery store!"

It's about 20 minutes before the limo is completely stopped, and the door is opened for them.

"We've arrived at the nearest marketplace, Iwase-san," Tadao, the chauffeur, tells them with a bow.

"Thank you, Tadao-kun!" Maki grins, taking his outstretched hand and exiting the limo.

"You're welcome, my lady," he returns politely.

"Come on, let's get some food and snacks!" Maki excitedly pulls him behind her as she races them inside.

Getting food and a short drive to a park later, the two are sitting on a picnic blanket, eating and taking in the view.

"This... is really nice," Shoto admits.

Maki turns to him with a big smile. "It's a nice change from training all the time, right?"

He hesitates before answering. "I... guess."

She sighs, leaning her head on his shoulder. "Oh, Shochan... I hope that one day you'll see."

"See what?"

"You'll know when it happens," she responds.

He doesn't respond but glances down at her.