【25】Resourceful Innocence

Lucian wondered for an instant if he hadn't died in Belgium and gone to heaven

Lucian wondered for an instant if he hadn't died in Belgium and gone to heaven. As he was helping Maeve down from her first orgasm of the night, he couldn't help but think all this was too good to be true. However, he then realized that were he to die, heaven was not the place he would most likely end up in. He accepted the fact this was real, and it truly was Maeve, naked before him, her fingers clutching his hair almost painfully, her thighs pressed around his head from the intensity of her pleasure, the sweet taste of her orgasm spread on his tongue.

When the last of her tremors passed through her body, and when she relaxed, he moved up, forcing her legs to part wider, as he took his position between them, resting on his forearms not to crush her. He was still wearing most of his formal suit and was clinging onto it as the last rampart to their lust. Maeve looked at him, her eyelids heavy, a dreamy smile on her face, seemingly very satisfied. Her lips were red and swollen, and he guessed she had been biting them in a failed attempt to muffle her screams and sighs of bliss. Tempted, he bent to kiss them, and as usual, her enthusiasm met his.

With determined hands, she tugged at his shirt, trying to get him naked too, and he let out a small laugh in her mouth. "Maeve, darling, I still think we should wait."

"Why?"

"Because I want to do what is proper."

She frowned but didn't stop her attempt to undress him. "You were not so preoccupied with properness a moment ago."

Lucian growled when she managed to slip her hands under his shirt and grazed the skin of his stomach and chest with the tip of her fingers, letting her feel her nails. "I am not a child. I don't need someone to make decisions for me," she insisted.

"It also is my decision to make," he reminded her.

She stopped sliding her hands over his skin, realizing he also had the right to choose. The doubt that settled in her eyes made him regret his decision.

"So, you do not want to?"

Nudging his hips a little, he let her feel how much he wanted her, but forced himself to smile and kissed her temple. "You deserve what is right, swan. You deserve to keep your options, to be properly courted, and—"

"What if you are what is right?" she interrupted him.

"Do you truly believe it?"

"I don't believe it, no. I know it, Lucian." With that said, she lifted her head and kissed him.

Lucian tried to resist a little longer, worried she might regret it if they went too far. She had no experience when it came to lust and passion, so she didn't know how to hold back, how to control her desires. He, however, didn't have the same excuse, and as the most experienced of the two, he had to hold strong, for her sake. She would see later how he'd been right to stop it, how refusing her this was in her own interest.

"Lucian, please..." she whimpered when he pushed her hands away again. "Ever since that time in the study, I've been wondering what it felt like to have you possess me. I long to feel you inside of me, to be united with you in that manner."