Stupid feelings

Welcome to whatever this is :)

Be Karkat Vantas ==>

Stupid. Stupid fucking RED feelings. The color red can literally go fuck itself. I've been on this stupid meteor for a fucking year and I've had a flush crush on Pyrope for almost as long. But romance and quadrants are way more complicated than those RomComs I love. A LOT more complicated. And that fucking sucks.

I was walking down the hall back to my respitblock, or bedroom as the humans call it, after an aggravating exchange involving Strider, Rose's book, a blue pen and way too much touching for my comfort. I was fighting with Dave over Terezi, again. I tried to figure something out but that shithead wouldn't listen to me, as usual. Does that guy even understand how troll romance works ? Probably not because the asswipe never listens to me.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I almost didn't hear Terezi speaking to me. "Hey Karkat!" She said in her usual cool and happy tone. How was she so cool all the time ?

"Hey Terezi." I said, trying and failing to hide the lingering anger and the oncoming sorrow. "You okay dude ? You look like you're about to back flip off the handle. Oh wait no, that's Dave's thing."

Dave. Great. The one thing I didn't want to hear. "I'm fine. I'm always like this. Or have you not noticed since you're spending all your time with Shades." I retort as I sped past her to my respitblock and slammed the door behind me, not bothering to wait for her reaction.

I threw myself on the bed that the humans had alchemised for me, and proceeded to scream into one of my many pillows for 20 minutes. Contrary to popular belief, I didn't like being salty at everyone all the time. But I had to be, it's all I knew how to do. Wow some fucking amazing friend I am, yelling at everyone all the time. No wonder Terezi prefers spending time with stupid Shades.

Be Dave Strider ==>

Stupid feelings. They got in the way of everything. I liked, nay, I loved spending time with Karkat and teasing him relentlessly just to see his dumb angry flustered face.

But because the two of us had feelings for TZ, he hated me. And not the fun kind of hate, he genuinely hated me. In a platonic way. Our little banter that resulted in a, may I say, masterpiece of scribbles and dicks was really fun. That is, up until he stormed out and I felt bad because I knew he was hurting, and it was my fault. I may be the coolest dude ever but a real dude never hurts his bros. Hurting your bros isn't cool or ironic.

I needed to make it up to the crabby troll. But how ? I know he wouldn't be a fan of my sick beats so writing him a rap is out of the question. Even though my mad rhymes could warm even the coldest of hearts. I can sing...but my bro always made fun of me for it, and it isn't cool, so I've never let anyone hear me sing. I decided to go back to my room and think about it.

~Small time skip brought to you by Aradia~

I laid down on my bed with my hands behind my head, the picture of cool, thinking about how I would make Karkles feel better.

This was hard. A normal person would have just gone up to him and apologized in a sincere sounding way. But I didn't know how to do that. I've kept up this ironic facade for so long that I've forgotten what it's like to convey my 'true identity', thought I'm not even sure what my true identity is anymore.

I sprang up as I had an idea. I'm gonna make pancakes !

656 words