The prince and the princess

Be the hot shit ==>

It had been a week since pancake bro time with Karkat. Our interactions stayed the same aside from the fact that he seemed nicer and we didn't bicker over Terezi. I would poke fun at him, obviously, and he would retaliate, but there was no actual mean intentions.

I couldn't keep the thought out of my head. Was he thinking about it ? Was he thinking about me ? What did he think ?

I wanted to get an answer, but I knew I couldn't rush him. Bros need to be patient for their bros.

Today I decided to wake him up bright and early with a pillow to the face. "Mornin' sleeping beauty !"

The troll simply groaned in response. "Do I seriously need to be the prince charming and wake you up with a kiss ?" I asked, chuckling. Karkat went silent, burying his face in the pillow i had thrown at him. I sat down beside him and waited patiently, an amused look on my face.

He eventually unburied his face from the pillow in order to breathe. His face was red, either from my last comment or lack of oxygen. It was probably both.

"Sup." I said. "What a charming way to wake me up ! Prince my ass !" Karkat said in his usual crabby tone. "Would the princess prefer a kiss ?" I said waggling my eyebrows at him.

He blushed bright red and nodded. I blushed a little as well. BUT ONLY A LITTLE. I WAS NOT NERVOUS OKAY ! Striders don't get nervous. I leaned over slowly, making sure not to squish the troll beneath me. I planted a kiss on his forehead the laid down beside him.

"What the fuck kind of kiss was that ?!" Karkat yelled. I laughed at that. "Why does the prince have to do everything ? If you want some of this Strider ass you'd better come get it." I said smirking.

The flustered troll reached a hand out to take off my shades. I didn't flinch this time. Whenever we were alone, he would take them off. It was comforting that Karkat liked my freaky eyes.

He seemed nervous and hesitantly leaned in.

Be the princess ==>

I hesitantly leaned in to kiss him, closing my eyes as I got closer. I stopped just a centimeter away from his lips, in case he didn't want this.

I knew Dave liked me, but I didn't want to scare him. I had been thinking a lot during the past week. I was pretty sure I wanted to be with him. I just didn't really know how to do that. Despite being the romance expert I am, I had never been in a quadrant before, other than my six seconds of moirailigence with Gamzee.

Ah shit I've paused for like 5 seconds this is awkward- My thoughts were cut off as Dave closed the gap, gently pressing his lips against mine.

So gentle. So unlike him. But I like it. I like Dave.

It was a brief kiss. Maybe 5 seconds. But those 5 seconds were of pure happiness.

When he pulled away, both our cheeks were tinted with red. Cute. I smiled at him and stared into his beautiful red eyes. I loved seeing all the emotions he hides behind his shades. And I was the only one who saw them. I was special to Dave. And as cringy and dumb as that sounds, it made me happy.

"Dave... I thought about it like you asked me to. And, well, I like you too... In a flushed way." I mumbled, looking away from his eyes.

His hand cupped my cheek, in that same unusually gently manner and kissed me again. The kiss lasted longer this time. We both decided to enjoy it, my chapped lips moving in sync with his soft ones. Seriously, how could he stand kissing me ? I'm gross.

My thoughts were once again interrupted. This time by Terezi bursting through the door.

660 words

Cliff hanger ? Kinda. Anyways, my mental health has been really bad recently and school is starting up again tomorrow so I won't be able to write as often as I would like to. Sorry :(