Nine: Last Dance [Very Mini]

ALL FOR ONE,CHAPTER NINE:LAST DANCE

ALL FOR ONE,
CHAPTER NINE:
LAST DANCE

"ELI, YOU DROP Mars one more time and I swear I'll drop you", Jane warned, running a hand through her blonde locks. The woman was clearly stressed. This was the last dress rehearsal before opening night. They'd been doing so well all week, and then suddenly they all fell apart.

"We're sorry", Mars said between laughter. "I'm really trying to keep it together, I swear, but Eli keeps making this face."

"What face? I'm not making a face", Eli defended.

"Yes, you are!", she said through giggles. "Plus, you're letting me stand on your shoes and it's hard to take you seriously when we're completely face to face now.

"Why are you standing on his shoes?", Vanessa sighed. "I did not choreograph this."

"So I can look taller?"

"Forrest, what are you doing? Back into position, and Tyler— You know what? Everyone take a five", Jane sighed. "Ladies, come here." All the girls took a seat on the edge of the stage, curious. "I want you all to be on your best behavior tomorrow night, okay? I'm taking six of you ladies with me in January, if your parents allow it. To Broadway." Hushed whispers fell across the stage before she was quickly shushing them, waving a hand. "It's not a big thing, just some schools coming together to perform in a little friendly competition. Now, Isa and Vanessa are already set to go, being my two seniors. That means four spots are open to you."

"We'll be on our best behavior, we promise!", Sophia promised. "Won't we, guys?" Truth be told, she had faith that she would go anyway. How could they go anywhere without their lovable designer?

All the girls agreed, and rehearsals carried on like normal after that. Mostly.

At some point, the lights all cut out. "Yo, what the fu—"

"Nobody panic!", Josh shouted. "I'm sure we can have it fixed in a moment."

Brett, on the other hand, wasn't so sure about that. "Uuuuh... yes, panic. This ain't us."

"Hey... does anybody else smell smoke?", Moros asked, sniffing the air.

"Okay, everybody out", Jane announced, clapping her hands. "Right now, move people!"

Well, she certainly didn't need to tell them a third time. The second time was only needed because only one of them had the brain cell this week, okay?

Either way, the kids all but swarmed towards the door, where the outside wasn't looking much better. The hallways were clogged with thick smoke. And it took the principle's lazy ass far too long to get on the intercom. "Please evacuate the building. There has been an accident in the chemistry lab. The fire department is on the way."

"When I said someone would blow up the chem lab, I didn't actually mean it!", Forrest groaned, putting his jacket over his head.

Jane sighed. Not out of irritation, but out of worry and slight frustration. "Alright guys, heads down and go straight for the doors. Try not to breathe in too much."

Once the kids were safe, Jane was sure to check over them all. She didn't trust the fire station with her kids, okay? She wanted to be sure herself.

"I know that our parents are on the way and stuff, and this should be the last thing I'm worried about", Marianna Summers started, "but where are we supposed to perform tomorrow? Our theater just went up in literal flames."

Emily made a tsk sound, turning to glare in a small boy's direction. "I'm gonna tear you a fucking new one, Billy Keen! Do you hear me? Don't run away now you little punk!"

"Quick, somebody get World Star on here", Noah said aloud.

"I think I can actually help with this one", Hayden announced just as a man, who looked quite a bit like him, was approaching the group. Sometimes, having a rich relative was more than helpful. "Uncle, I need your help."

~•~•~•~•~

Within the hour, arrangements had been made. The teens and their parents were given permission to check out a large, extravagant theater. It was rarely in use anymore, as a new one had been built across town. But looking at its golden decor and rows upon rows of plush seats, it was hard to believe anyone would want to abandon it.

"Well, what do you think?", Vincent asked. "Can you perform here?"

"Please, say yes", Emma shouted from the balcony. "This place is insane."

Jane laughed, nodding her head. "I guess that answers that question." She placed a gentle hand on the man's shoulder. "Thank you, truly."

Little did they know, that wasn't the only amazing surprise they'd receive in the coming months.

JULY 23, 2020
Wattpad wouldn't give me my review history to see
what day I started writing this. 🥴 ANYGAY, I just
wanted to say that I have decided I will be uploading
by acts instead of chapter. AND there are some plot
changes coming.