🌼Canada Day🌼

🥞 3rd p.o.v 🥞

Canada was typically the first to rise out of bed in the mornings, but he thought he'd get a bit more rest before he'd start the day.

I deserve to sleep in. It'll be my birthday gift to myself, Canada thought.

"Happy birthday beaver boy!" America exclaimed.

...Maybe not

Canada slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes. America was standing at the end of the bed holding a plater containing a plate stacked high with 6 fluffy pancakes, and next to the plate was a bowl of mixed fruits and berries. There was a bottle of new maple syrup and a can of whipped cream on Canada's night stand.
Canada starting drooling at the countless possibilities of toppings.

America handed over the platter to his younger sibling and quickly stole the top pancake before the maple syrup made contact. Canada made puppy eyes at the eldest child in a desperate attempt to save the pancake. America savagely tore into the pancake without any toppings. Canada sniffled at the loss, but hey, he still has 5 left.

"You know since today is July 1st. Guess what is happening in 3 days?" America said in-between bites.
"Oh no"
"OH YEAH"
America finished the pancake with lightning speed. Then reached in his coat pocket and pulled out the "element of surprise" portable party tube and pulled the string, colorful confetti and lage sequents flew from the tube.
Canada protected the pile of goodness with his life.

"Just a few more days till my birthday. Baby brother."

"You're only a few years older," Canada barked at the American picking the confetti out of the fresh berries.
America chuckled, then glanced at his little brother. "Do you want to invite anyone to celebrate your special day?"
"I was thinking about Mexico and Ukraine."
"Fine by me."
America left the room to leave Canada in peace with his breakfast.

Canada greeted Ukraine at the door with a smile and hug. "Hello stranger"
"Sorry Mex couldn't come right now"
A loud 'that's what she said' was heard from the kitchen.
Canada sighed in disappointment.
"Sorry"
"That's okay. I didn't warn you guys in advance. And I apologise for my idiot brother."
Canada sat on the couch next to Ukraine and waited to open his gifts and have cake.

"What is this hat made of?" Canada questioned.
"Opossum. I found it in the deep South. Now you have a raccoon hat, and a opossum hat."
Everyone looked at America and looked away without muttering a word.

After gifts and cake they went to the Canada Day celebration and took a shot of maple syrup.

Today was a good day

I'm not Canadian, so I don't know the traditions they have for Canada Day (my friend is from Canada and she just took a shot of pure maple syrup to celebrate)
Happy (late) Canada Day!