smile

"Hello, Gempa."

Just by the warm sound of his voice, he could feel the smile in his tone.

His frown lessen and he can feel the weight on his shoulders shifted, like a magic has casted without he even need to chant the spell words. To him, Taufan is that precious.

"Did my little imps cause troubles again?" Taufan asked teasingly, his finger playing with the phone cord with his back leaning against the wall. There were a distress grunt from the other side of the receiver and he laughed at the upcoming trails of comments from his younger sibling.

"Ice have been lazying around that he made Solar to help him with his homework, Blaze dived from a tree and land right into Thorn's rose bushes; he somewhat burnt it all to crisp and Thorn is not okay."

"That's rough."

"When will you and big bro Hali be back?"

He hummed, spontaneously adding few coins into the payphone. "Dunno, wait for another week or two?"

"I'm dyiiiiing~ Can't you be back any sooner?"

"Hahaha! I wish I could Gem." He could feel Gempa pouting at his reaction and he hold back  the urge to mimic his iconic whine. Gempa already had it rough with the four siblings in his hands to take care of.

"We missed you two."

His giggle haltered, this time it felt a tug in his chest.

"...We missed you too." A whisper. 

"Gem, I don't have much coins left here. Send my regards to them, okay?"

He can feel Gempa hesitating, both of them not wanting to end the call. A soft sigh can be heard and a hummed of agreement followed up next.

"Please take care, brother. Don't do anything reckless!"

"I'll send that message to Hali!"

"You're crying."

"Oh, shush." Taufan laughed, wiping the tears with his sleeve. Halilintar shook his head, slowly patting the young one. "C'mon let's go."

"Let's."

They riffle exchanged hands, the frown on him turn into a grin. The cry of war rings.
Even if it's for a moment, he treasure all of them.
The smile on the outside,
shows that the scars on
the inside are healing.

explanation :

it's obvious, they go to a war.
who knows they came out alive.
this setting is more during the 19th
where young man are called to the war
to protect the country they live in.

anyway, I just love the thought Taufan is actually older than Gempa, even though he may seem immature at times (thanks for trio trouble maker) he actually reliable inside. I need a big bro like Taufan...ok bye.

ok bye