happiness

His hands caressed the page. Fingers softly grazing over the smooth yet with a small bumpy texture of it. He turned for the next page, and the epiphany dawns on him.

He have reached the end of the story.

It's not like he didn't expect this, but he wished for more of it.

He wished to explore more, He wanted to dream more.

He wanted to feel contented all over again.

He hold the book close to his chest a soft sigh escaped his lips.

For someone who can't see the world, living in a storybooks worth like going to a journey. His grand escapee.

Funny how he can feel so closed with the main character, he wanted to be him. 

Brave, wondrous, curious, thoughtful and beautiful.

Maybe because they share the same name, it gave a weird feeling in his chest. He can't described it. And if he could choose words to say it, he rather not.

This contented feeling, happiness maybe.

It's okay if it's a fabricated life,
It's funny how he learn so much from the people that doesn't even exist.
But again, just like breathing,
you can't see it, but you need it.

"Ah, I want to read more." He sighed, placing the book to his side and lying down on his bed. 

"Should I bought a new book then?" 

He jumped to his side at the sudden voice in the room. He used to have sharp senses to noticed someone else in there, maybe he was too self indulge with his own world, he failed to notice.

"D-dad?"

"Okay, that's sounds funny. No!"

The other occupant in the room laughed and he felt the shift on the side of the mattress. The voice turns to a whisper.

"Hello Taufan, I'm Taufan too."

"H-huh??"

"You see you're not the only one who own that same name, okay."

"O-oh, right, right." he mumbles bashfully, another round of laughter came from his company and his hands somehow finds its way to pinch his cheeks. He huffed.

"Why are you here? How do you came in?"

"Visiting you, I guess. But we don't have much time for a chit chat. "

He frowned at this, wondering what does he meant by that. 

"Taufan, do you have a wish?"

He blinks. What kind of question is that? The boy before him held his hands, a small squeeze as if he was urging for him to say something. His head running as he thought for a moment.

"Can you see the world?" he asked him. "I mean, you aren't visually impaired right?"

"Yes I can see." he replied, "Is that your wish? To see the world?"

"That would be great, but no."

He frowned at his answer, he have the chance to finally see what it looks like. Why not?

"In that book I read... I learnt that there is language where the blinds can see and the deaf can hear." Taufan muttered, shutting his sightless eyes. "And I learnt that happiness is something you can't describe but one can feel."

"In that story, the main character dies from multiple attempts of saving his siblings, it felts like a constant loop. He was desperate on trying to make somebody else happy...that he neglected his own happiness.."

"He was too kind, I wish he was a bit selfish."

"So, you wished for his happiness?" his voice sounds puzzled and without missing a beat he nods at his question. 

"I want him to be happy, finally in his own story."

There was an awkward silence trailed after them. The bed shifted and the warmth hugs him.

"You're too kind for your own good to."

"As long as he is happy, I am too."