Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Kaitlyn

When we arrived at the venue, I couldn't help my jaw from dropping to the floor. 

Taylor smirked at me and Johanna's amazed expressions and got out of the car. 

We followed her into the doors, and down many hallways until we reached her dressing room. Her stylist quickly came over and started on her hair and makeup. 

Me and Johanna were ushered to another room, that also looks like a dressing room. A woman in nice business attire came over and handed us ear pieces. 

"You're going to need those." She told us. "It can get pretty loud during the concerts. 

Me and Johanna obliged putting the ear pieces in our ears. Surprisingly they really blocked out a lot of noise, and me and Johanna were having a great time trying to figure out what we were saying to each other. 

Taylor came in the room amidst our laughing. She chuckled at us. 

"You guys do know you don't have to put those in yet, right?" 

Me and Johanna laughed while pulling out the earpieces. 

I took a look over Taylor's outfit for the first part of the concert. And might I say she looked amazing. Her stylist definitely did a good job. 

( http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=63891687 )

"I just have to do a quick sound check and then it will be time for the concert! You girls can watch the sound check from behind stage, and then for the concert you will be front row, OK?"

Me and Johanna agreed before following Taylor out back behind stage. The screams were quiet, but still audible with my ear piece in. 

We watched as Taylor went up on stage in front of the small group of people who were lucky enough to get VIP passes. 

She played a few songs before heading back behind the stage. 

"The concert starts in half and hour, and I'm supposed to be on vocal rest. You guys can either wait here, or go back to the dressing room before it's time.." 

"We'll stay here." I answered for me and Johanna. 

Taylor smiled and walked off. 

Being on vocal rest must be annoying. Not being able to talk to people must be frustrating. Lucky for me, I will (hopefully) never have to go on vocal rest. 

Half an hour later, the whole venue was full except for the two seats in the front row saved for me and Johanna. One of Taylor's crew members gave us the go to go take our seats. 

We quickly double checked to make sure our ear pieces were in, and then headed out to the (very loud) crowd. 

The first half of the show was amazing. If you think Taylor sounds good on her CD's, she sounds ten times better live. 

After she came back out to the stage half way through the concert, she announced something to the crowd. My surprise. 

"Now, tonight we have a very special person with us." Taylor started. 

Special person? I don't remember her talking about any special guests for tonight's show. 

"She comes all the way from a small town in Maine, all the way across the United States."

Wait.. what? I'm from Maine..

"As some of you may know, I held a contest a few months ago, and this talented girl won it."

OK. My heart is beating really fast right now. I looked to Johanna, who was smiling madly at me. 

"Do you guys want to meet this girl?" Taylor asked the crowd. 

The crowd replied with piercing screams, and lots of "YES!" 

Oh no.

One of the bodyguards standing between the crowd and the stage came over to me and motioned for me to go up on the stage.

I went up, and instantly felt dizzy. I had never been in front of that many people before.

Taylor came over to me and handed me a microphone. She whispered in my ear on what the whole game plan was.

"Would you mind singing a song with me? The crowd will love it!" Taylor asked. 

i contemplated for a minute. I was super nervous, but what harm could be done? 

I nodded to Taylor, who grinned eagerly. 

She motioned for me to come over to a couple of stools in the smack center of the stage. 

She then handed me a guitar before introducing me to the crowd. 

"This is Kaitlyn Dawson, everyone. She is going to sing a song with me. We're actually going to sing the song that started in all."

She looked over to me and mouthed, "Long Live". I nodded before placing my fingers on the guitar. 

I looked to Taylor for a go, and she nodded. 

"I said remember this moment. In the back of my mind,

the time we stood with our shaking hands the crowds in stands went wild." 

I started out. Taylor joined me on the second verse, and in that moment, I forgot about being nervous singing in front of thousands of people. 

I was having the time of my life, and I wanted to do this more. 

-~-~-~-~-

Likey?

You guys are lucky. 

Two chapters in two days. 

Early happy Thanksgiving! I'm spending it with one of my best friends, and her family + my family. 

xx

-M