Chapter 19

Dedicated to ThisLoveIsOursx. She is a really sweet girl, and has her own Taylor/Harry book! You should go read. :)

Chapter 18

Kaitlyn

(A/N - For Kaitlyn being a singer, I am picturing her as Carly Rae Jepsen - but she looks different. Go back a couple of chapters to see what I picture Kaitlyn looking like.)

"So call me maybe!"

I finished singing the last line of the song, and the crowd went wild. 

"Thank you guys for such an amazing night! I love you!" Once again the crowd erupted into many cheers and screams. 

It has been one year since I had been given the offer for a record label. Of course I accepted, and since then, I have moved to New York City, and just released a new album; Tiny Little Bows. 

My life is more than I could ever ask for. I'm really close friends with Taylor now, and even though she moved back to Maine, me and Johanna still talk as much as possible. My dad is engaged, and is working full time. And me? Well, I'm preparing to go one tour this next year. 

So much has happened. My Twitter followers have gone up by five million. Five million. My mind still cannot grasp the fact that there is more than five million people that have heard my voice. I went from the shy, small town girl from Maine, to the outgoing, singer living in a New York City pent house. 

Amazing.

I quickly jogged off the stage pulling out my ear pieces, happy that I was finally able to hear properly. My manager, Mandy, came over handing me a bottle of water. I quickly gulped down the whole bottle. Mandy rolled her eyes taking the empty bottle from my hands. 

I chuckled, making my way down to my dressing room. I closed the door and quickly changed out of my stage clothes. I threw the dirty clothes on the floor by my couch. Mandy will probably throw a fit, but I was tired and just wanted to go home. Right on cue, Mandy came in, seeing the clothes on the floor and gave me a death glare. 

I rolled my eyes at her not amused expression. 

"How many times do I have to tell you to pick up after yourself?! You're almost twenty years old. Grow up." I chuckled at her sour words. But that reminded me.. I would be turning twenty the next day. All I wanted was to go home for my birthday, but alas, I had another show that night. My dad wasn't too happy with Mandy putting a show on that one day of the whole year, but there wasn't much that she could do about it. 

"Go home, kiddo. You've got a big day tomorrow. Radio interview in the morning, rehearsals in the afternoon, and then the show at night." 

"Alrighty. Goodnight, Mandy." I told the brunette.

"Goodnight, Kaitlyn." 

I picked up my bag and made sure I had my cellphone before exiting the venue and hopping into my car. 

-~-~-~-

*The next day*

BEEP. BEEP. 

My alarm clock went off for what seemed like the millionth time. Mandy must have turned up the volume for the alarm, for it was much louder than I remembered. 

I groaned, turning over in my bed and feeling my feet hit the floor. I made my way over to my bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. Mascara that I hadn't bothered to wash off last night stained my cheeks, and my hair was looking like a lion's mane. Turning on the water as hot as it could get, I hopped into the shower. 

After a nice long shower, I grabbed my car keys,  and I walked out of my apartment and into my car. Driving to the interview seemed to take forever. When I finally arrived, I couldn't have gotten out of my car quicker. I saw Mandy standing my the entrance, so I quickly jogged over to her. 

"You're late." She pointed out. 

"Only by two minutes. Traffic was slow today." She rolled her eyes at me. Mandy and I have a love hate relationship. Some days, she's my best friend. Other days, I can't stand her. But from what I hear, it's like that for a lot of people that have managers. 

Mandy motioned me to follow her into the building. She introduced me to the interviewer, and then gave me simple instructions on what to do. 

Many questions and one acoustic performance later, I was done. Now Mandy and I were off to rehearsals. The rehearsals lasted for about three hours. Three hours too much. My whole body ached, and I just wanted some food. 

But food was not what I got. There was "no time" for food, I had to be rushed off to hair and makeup. Two hours later, I was ready for the concert. 

I went out onto the stage saying hello to all my fans. The screams and cheers were all so much. I took out my ear piece to get a taste of what everyone else was hearing, but I could only keep it out for a split second because the noise was so loud. 

I grinned at the crowd before starting my opening song; Tiny Little Bows. I sang the first verse, but when I got to the chorus, another voice started singing with me. I looked around the stage, confused. I almost had a heart attack as Taylor jumped out from behind a set of speakers. She was singing loudly with me to the song. And I smiled at her. I hadn't seen her in a few months, due to both of us being so busy. 

When the song was finished, I hugged Taylor. "Hey guys!" She shouted into her microphone. The crowd got louder, if that was even possible. 

"So as some of you guys may know, it's someone's birthday today!" Oh. I almost forgot. I was officially twenty. 

"So lets sing for her, okay?" She started singing happy birthday, and soon, the whole arena was singing along with her. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I am so lucky to have such amazing fans, friends, and family. In that moment, my heart felt completely whole. A year ago, I was dreaming to meet Taylor Swift, living with my dad, and dealing with the loss of my mom. Now, I'm standing here with that same girl that I would fan girl over every time she came on the radio, and living my dream. 

If someone told me that that all this happened to them, I would just think that is just another Taylor Swift story. But for me, it is reality.  

And reality is great. 

AND IT'S OVER! :(

Thank ALL of you for such an AMAZING experience!

I started this story last February, and I never imagined that I would have over 7,000 reads! 

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

I'm in tears right now because this story is over. Wow. 

I love you guys so much! Message me if you want to talk, or need somebody to talk to!

(NOTE: if you guys read this story before, you would have seen that I said there would be a sequel. THERE IS NOT A SEQUEL.)

For the last time, 

xx -M (':