What a surprise.

It was a nice summer night, a cool breeze flew through Shin-ae's hair, she was exhausted, but she promised Jayce to help him take care of a few tasks. The poor man, he had to constantly babysit that creepy egg fart, she didn't even want to imagine how difficult it might be to have to deal with Sang-Chul everyday. Thankfully he isn't bothering her anymore, not after he passed out from seeing Dieter and Min-Hyuk in that bear costume.
"I'll be heading out, I need to pick my daughter from tutoring class, thanks again for saving me" declared Jayce, "Make sure to lock the office behind you"
"Yes of course" said Shin-ae, she was surprised he trusted her enough to hand her the keys to her boss's office, she was honored though. "Have a good night"
"You too" added Jayce, he gave her a warm smile, grabbed his jacket and left the office.
Shin-ae was finishing up the paperwork, it didn't require too much brain power, but she was excited to finally go home, it had been a really long day. As she was about to head out, she heard a loud noise. "Must be the security guard" she thought. But the noise was persistent, she then realized that it was music, a song that she could swear she heard before, but didn't remember where.
She left the office and locked the door, Jayce had asked her to give the keys to the security guard once she was through, but as she walked down the hallway, she saw a very tall silhouette, she was surprised to find anyone at that hour, she was convinced to be the last employee it the building except for the guards. As she walked closer to the person, she saw their vibrant firey hair, she couldn't see their face but she recognized who it was, obviously that was the only redhead that worked at that company.
"Yeong-gi" she caled instinctively, she regretted her words as soon as he turned back to face her, the last conversation they had was quite.... embarrassing, at least for her, she hadn't seen him ever since she randomly grabbed his hands at Wacdonalds. She didn't know whether to apologize again or not, maybe it'd be better if she pretended that everything was fine, he didn't seem like he cared much either.
Yeong-gi just waved at her, with a very fake smile that covered his face, she had spent enough time with the dude to know when he was faking. But without saying a word he just continued walking. "Is he serious?? " she thought angrily, was he really going to walk away like that, she wondered if it were because she made him uncomfortable last time, or because he was still trying to ignore her. After all, he hadn't explained his weird attitude around her lately, he said it was because he was having a hard time in his life, but it didn't add up, why would he walk away from her if the only reason was because he was sad, he wasn't ignoring Dieter nor Sushi, weren't they all friends? Why would she be the only exception ? She didn't want to ask him again, if he doesn't want to talk to her then it's his loss. But he didn't seem to be the kind to forget about a friend all of a sudden, and he was the one that wanted to be friends with her so direly, her curiosity was itching her she had to ask.
She started running towards him, calling his name, hoping he'd turn around because walking was already difficult on those heels let alone running. But he couldn't hear because of his loud music, or maybe he pretended not to.
She removed her heels and sprinted in his direction, yanked off his earphones and grabbed him by the collar.
"What on earth is wrong with you? " she asked, eyes steaming with rage.
"Oh Shin-ae are you okay? " he inquired, smiling again.
"Cut the crap, I want to know what's going on right now" she declared.
"What are you talking about? " he said again, feigning ignorance.
"What is the real reason you are ignoring me? " she questioned. Her words resonated with fury but her eyes couldn't hide the hurt. Is there a single person on this planet that didn't turn on her? She could imagine Min-Hyuk and her dad's faces if they heard that last sentence, but still she really thought that Yeong-gi was a reliable friend, and for some reason, accepting he wasn't was harder to swallow than when Maya and Rika told her the truth. At that point she was too deep in thoughts that she completely forgot about him, she was just looking down, she let out a small chuckle, not out of joy but out of disappointment.
"I can't tell you" he said. Shin-ae lifted her head immediately to meet his gaze, but as she did he looked away. The fake smile was finally erased from his face.
"What do you mean you can't tell me? " she asked.
"I just can't so don't try to force the words out please" he answered scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.
But after not hearing any response from her he looked at her, there was a very long silence with no exange between them.
"Just know that it's not your fault" he reassured smirking.
"Not her fault??" That made her want to know even more, he told her not to ask but she wasn't going to take no for an answer. She immediately realized why, she knew what was the reason behin his odd behavior, and it was her fault, he just didn't want her to feel bad because he is a good friend.
"I am sorry" she said, looking down.
"For what? " he asked.
"I apologize if I offended you, I will explain my intentions to Alyssa, I didn't mean to grab your hands like that, I just wanted to be a good listener for once, turns out listeners aren't supposed to use anything else than their ears when they listen" she explained the words so quickly that she was out of breath. "Stupid Shin-as, going around making people's relationships complicated, since when am I even that type of person? " she cursed herself. She was too embarrassed to look at him right now, and quite frankly she didn't even want to hear what he had to say.
"Blaaghaaahaahaa ahahahahahaha, you're still thinking about that?" laughed Yeong-gi.
She was in shock why was he laughing? She didn't even understand him but she still found a way to be offended.
"What the hell you laughing at?" she yelled, beating his chest with her fists. "Agh aaah stop it you freak, you're pretty strong for a miniscule being" he pleaded laughing, trying to dodge her fists.
"Mini- whaaaaaat how dare you you giant carrot" she roared even louder beating him even harder.
"I just meant to say, that is not the reason I'm ignoring you so chill" he said. Straight away, she stopped the beating.
"You don't have to wory about Alyssa anytime your hands start itching you and you feel the burning need to grab mine" he announced, before getting a punch in the stomach. "Oooof Okay I deserved that"
Shin-ae was even more confused, what did he mean.
"We broke up" he added, "A while ago"
The news took Shin-as aback, it came out of nowhere, but at the same time it wasn't too surprising, he didn't look like he was having a good time with her at that dreadful party anyway.
"Oh I'm sorry about that" she let out.
"Don't be, it was a relief" He said.
Wow that is kind of harsh, is the new Alyssa that bad? She seemed pretty nice at the party, maybe some people don't change.
"How come ? " she inquired.
"We just didn't feel like we weren't going anywhere, mostly me, I realised that I wasn't dating her but my phone haha, I had been wanting to do it a while ago but didn't find the guts to, she's the only thing my family is proud of me for, I still haven't told anyone yet, so please keep it a secret from Kouske" he stated.
"I won't" she promised, cracking a smile. She felt bad for him, to think your woth is measured by the person you are dating is very condescending and hurtful.
"Yeong-gi you should know that you're more than enough in my book" she recycled his words, he was there for her when she needed it, so she returned the kindness. She was aboud to grab his hands and stopped herself just in time before eternally ridiculing her existence. "What the hell Shin-ae control your hormones, even if him and Alyssa aren't dating anymore, you still don't have time for this crap" What was wrong with her these past few months, she was becoming a completely different person, well it'd be easier if the dumbhead standing in of her wasn't a snacc "What on earth, who the hell pressed the disgusting Shin-ae button? Please turn it off on your way out thank youuu" I mean yeah sure, Yeong-gi was very handsome but that wasn't a problem before, why is it bothering her now?
"Copycat" he denounced arms crossed, eyebrow raised, smirk activated.
She gave him a "Fukyou" face while exposing her middle finger. He snorted, withdrew his phone from his red jacket, she hadn't seen him wear it for a long time, it looked way better on him than the gray one, he's just so fluffy when he wears it. "Whaaaatdafuuuuq?? Okay I am done, whoever is controlling my thoughts I hope you get a ginormous red hairy pimple on your nose"
"Wow it's really late Nana is going to get worried, welp see you on Monday Shin-as" he declared as he walked away again marching and swinging his arms like an idiot.
She grabbed him, by the elbow this time. He turned around to meet her terrifying gaze that froze him instantly.
"You are not going anywhere until you tell me the real reason why you are ignoring me" she started.
The ridiculous face he was making shifted into a serious one, he started scrutinizing the floor as if to search for something, he held the hem of his jacket, so flipping cute "Foq me"
"I really can't tell you" he said.
"Yeong-gi are you hungry? " She asked. He looked startled for a moment.
"Umm...yeah" he answered.
"Oh great, because I ordered some chicken nuggets who seem to have just arrived" she announced as she took the food from the delivery guy and paid him.
Yeong-gi's mouth dropped, he was beaming with joy, he reached for the nugguets when Shin-ae pushed him away.
"If you want the chicken you have to tell me everything ".
He had never shown more sadness before he literally looked like a puppy. But she wasn't going to fall for it.
"Hey you can't bribe me with chicken that's not fair" he yelled.
"Really you did the same with my doughnut remember? Except worse because the doughnut was mine" she yelled back.
She saw how his eyes were beaming, how much he wanted the nugguets, she just had to push a litte harder on the weakness button.
She pulled out one chicken nugget and started munching on it, the crunch of the nugguet made him drool.
"Yuuum that is the best chicken I have ever had in my entire life" she teased "Oh God so fresh and hot ummm that is delicious yuuuuuum"
"You are a monster " he cried.
"Well I'll stop torturing you if you just tell me" she said. But when he didn't respond she kept on eating.
"Seriously what is this chicken made out of, or is it the sauce? Yuuuuuuuum it literally melts in my mouth" she added. Yeong-gi had put his hands against his ears closing his eyes, but clearly he couldn't last for any longer.
"Fine" he screamed. A smirk of satisfaction appeared on her face.
"Kouske told me to. "