The truth.

A long silence ruled over the atmosphere, Shine-ae's eyes couldn't be wider, she was standing in front of him, jaw dropped, taking in what he had just told her.
"Wha.... what does Kouske have to do with it?" she asked, Yeong-gi couldn't tell weather her expression meant she was angry or simply confused, a mixture of both. He was so nervous, he couldn't reveal his deal with Kouske to her, but he had already told her he was the reason behind him ignoring Shin-ae, if he doesn't explain what the deal was, he knows she'll ask Kouske herself, and that would be even more problematic. He took a very deep breath, covered his eyes with his hand for an instant, and then looked at Shin-ae.
"He made me promise I would stop hanging out with you" he blurted out, suddenly her gaze intensified with anger and confusion, he was intimidated so he looked away. "At least not as much as before".
"But what would he gain from us not being friends anymore? " she asked.
"Well he only said that because of my "reputation" " he said "because he thought that people might get..." he looked back at her again, and then looked away, he started squeezing the hem of his jacket even tighter, he wasn't quite ready to utter the next words, he was a tiny little embarrassed, but Shin-ae started getting impatient so he sucked it up. "Because he thought that people might get the wrong idea about us" he let out finally, he hadn't realized that he was scratching the back of his neck until he felt his skin starting to burn. He wanted to look at her reaction so badly to try to know how she felt about people assuming there might be, maybe, a small small chance for them to beeee more than friends? But he couldn't, it was too awkward for him to, he preferred to test her.
"Which is totally ridiculous because we're just friends" he announced laughing nervously.
"Ahaaaa yeahh of.. of course what type of dingus would think otherwise?" she laughed. Somehow Yeong-gi was disappointed by the fact that she thought that it was such an unrealistic idea for them to be a... couple, be he didn't know exactly why he felt that way.
An other awkward silence flew by the air inside the building and Yeong-gi was desperate for anything to break it.
"Weeeell, you said it was late didn't you?" asked Shin-ae, he got the feeling that his words made her uncomfortable and he felt bad for that.
"Um, Shin-ae" he said, as she was striding towards the exit, "The main reason why I started ignoring you was because I was told that people might think that I was cheating on Alyssa, but even if we broke up, I don't want us to go back to normal yet because the brake up is still a secret". Every word that escaped his mouth hurt him, it was as if he was programmed to say the opposite of what he truly wanted to say, but he had to keep his priorities straight, he messed up big time and he can't afford another misstep. "Just please promise you won't let Kouske know about it".
"Yeah I promise" she answered with a lazy smile, "Is she angry? " he thought, even after he explained he wasn't the culprit behind his weird behavior? Maybe he hadn't made himself clear about the part where if it were to him, he would love to spend more time together, lllike, right, like, love is a little excessive!
"But, when he isn't around no one says I can't drive you home" he offered smiling, for real this time.
She gave him a mad look crossing her arms, he almost pissed himself, "What is it agaiiin?.Was it wrong of me to offer her a ride? "he wandered.
"You're kidding right? " she questioned in an upset tone.
"Ummmmmm, maybe? " he replied, unsure, and quite frankly terrified of giving the wrong answer.
She suddenly broke into a long laughter, that was too contagious not to join, even though he didn't know what he was laughing about, he was just relieved she wasn't angry at him.
"I have to work at Wacdonalds remember? " she reminded him, "Stop nagging me with your ability to go home". She then started pouting arms on her hips, so bloody cute. "Huuh?  What was that? " he asked himself.  "Naaah nono,  nothing to worry about, I called her cute plenty of times before and I never meant it to be anything more than a friendly compliment ha! ". But back to the real world.
"Ow yeah sowy, guess you won't need these nugguets anymore" he said, as he snatched the bag of chicken from her hands, she didn't resist so he wasn't going to feel sorry.
He started munching on the food, it was delicious (not as good as that dork defined it but still delicious).
"Well I'm shory vou hap fou go fou wrk ashiyo moundi" he mumbled.
"Gaaaah, didn't your Nana teach you not to talk with your mouth full? " She asked annoyed, but before hearing an answer, she simply walked away with an angry "Get home safe" toward Wacdonalds. He couldn't help but smile, he felt a weight off his chest after coming clean about his pact with Kouske, and he was relieved to see that it didn't ruin their friendship.
He got in his car, and after three times of almost braking in the middle of the road, he made it home. He opned the door. "I'm home Nana" he announced. There was a short quite moment before he felt an incredible super force pulling his cheek.
"What did I tell you about coming home late?" yelled the ol... young lady. "If you're gonna come late at least let me know ahead of time I was soo worried"
"Ahhh Nana aw you're pulling so hard I can't feel my cheek anymore" he cried in pain, then she finally released him. "I'm sorry, something happened at the company, it took a little longer for me to finish today" he explained. When she didn't answer he turned to her to see this very odd facial expression he had never seen her make.
"Uhh Nana are you alright? Your face, aaare you hurt? Do I need to call an ambulance?? " he asked worried.
"Ukhoooookhokhoi, you're smiling" she said, eyebrow raised. He hadn't realized he was until she mentioned it.
"I... always smile Nana" he declared, more confused than ever.
"Ohh Tiger I know you better that you know yourself, I can do the difference between a casual smile, a fake smile and the one you're showing me right now,  which is a smile I've never seen before on that adorable frecklesy face of yours" She teased, poking him with her index multiple times.
"Gaaagh, Nana what are you trying to say? " he questioned completely lost.
"I'm starting to think the "thing that happened at the company" was a girl" she continued smiling so widely it terrified him.
Suddenly realization hit him as the bus hit Suho, as soon as he understood the message she was sending, a wave of nervousness roamed his body, he started blushing and tried to cover his red cheeks with his hands, somehow for the first time, breathing seamed to be such a difficult task.
"Ahaaa I knew it" spat his Nana. "Who would've thought that my little tiger would grow to be a plaaaayaa". Her words couldn't disturb him more, but he was too busy trying to learn how to breath all over again to intervene. "You broke up with that barbie doll two seconds ago, and now you're already smitten with someone else"
"Gaaaah Nana I am NOT smitten with Shin-ae! " he screamed out of embarrassment.
"So I was right, it is indeed a girl"she said, beaming with joy, and that's when he realized his mistake, he shouldn't have mentioned Shin-ae, and his cheeks have gotten to maximum blush level, but Nana had never teased him about a girl before, not even about Alyssa so why now? "Ahh is it the smol one you talk to me about?? I always sensed you felt a little too happy to talk about her"
He couldn't take it anymore, he grabbed his bag and sprinted to his room. "You're wrong about everything Nana" he affirmed.
"Tell that to your burning red face" she provoked, clearly enjoying Yeong-gi's vulnerability.
He slammed the door and got scolded for it. He just needed a moment to himself, he didn't know what emotions he was feeling at the moment, but a part of him was frustrated, he looked at his punching bag, his fist gently grazed it, before he looked away. " This ain't it" he thought, he wasn't angry, he was just confused.
He jumped on his bed admiring the ceiling for a while, his hand naturally reached for his phone, he started texting someone something, he couldn't control his fingers, he turned his brain off while writing the text, and then he sent it without thinking.
"Watcha doing? " said the text.
"I'm on my brake now, are you home?" the recipient replied back.
"Yeah me laying in me bed" he sent another text.
"Ass, stop it I wanna sleep so badlyyyyyy".He smiled like an idiot to what wasn't such a funny text, he stared at his phone uncertain what to text back until his screen turned black, an when it did, he saw his reflection, a smile he had never seen on his face before. "Was Nana right?, I'm I acting different today? " It can't be, no no no it can't. Well sure he always had a special place for Shin-ae in his big big heart, but it didn't mean anything more than a good pal, did it? He started sweating, his Nana told him he'd always be happy when talking about her, had he liked her this whole time without knowing? Was her hilarious hand grab at Wacdonalds the trigger that made him see her through a diffrent light? Well his first initial response to it was "What are you doing, You know I have a girlfriend right?" Which means that he did view her in a way as more than a good pal?
"Ughhhh no this is ridiculous " he thought, guys and girls can be friends, he was the first one to defend that message when Kouske denied it. No, he didn't see her any differently, he just had to compare how he feels about her with his other friends, and that's what he did.
"Fine do I want to go to the movies with Shin-ae? " he asked himself "Yes!" he answered. "Do I want to go to the movies with Dieter and Sushi? " he asked himself again, "Yes! " he replied again.
"Okay,  do I want to hangout at the arcade with Shin-ae? " he asked, and to that "yes" he replied. He re-questioned himself the same question except this time it was with his bros, and same answer!
"Alright, do I want to share a romantic dinner with Shin-ae after dancing a slow like she did with Kouske" he asked himself again, "Of course! " he replied. "Now do I want to share a romantic dinner with Die.... " he stopped himself from that dreadful thought before he'd start throwing up.
"Okayyy,  maybe I might like her a liiiiiiittttttllllllleeeee" he admitted, partly because he wanted to get his mind off of slow dancing with Sushi. "But even if I do, it doesn't matter". And it didn't, she clearly didn't reciprocate his feelings, plus there is Dieter, he couldn't do that to him, especially after the flipping weird thoughts he just had, and he also didn't want to envolve her any longer with his family, he would only bring harm to her if he tried anything, he is just a burden, to everyone, a failure, his family would do so much better without him, he is about to go to court in a few days, and to go abroad for his studies, and all he's thinking about is a girl who doesn't even like him, only a few days after breaking up with. Alyssa "Pfff I'm pathetic".
His phone lit up to show the notification of a text that said :"Hey don't think that I'm offering you the nugguets, next time we see each other, I'm expecting them as warm and delicious as those you had today" There it was again, on his face, the smile. Denying his emotions seamed to be getting harder by the second, especially when such simple words can make you feel butterflies depending on the deliverer of the message. He felt a little guilty to experience this feeling for the first time knowing that he had once a girlfriend, but it appeared to have always been there for Shin-ae, just hidden under layers of lies and denial, was it really how it felt like?, he thought he'd been through all the stages of liking someone while he was dating Alyssa, but he now realized he didn't even move from square one, he wanted to keep misleading himself blindly and to ignore his feelings, but it was hard when they manifested on his body, his flustered cheeks, his tense muscles that made him grab the nearest pillow and bury his face in it, and when that wasn't enough to contain him, he hid under his blanket thinking of an answer.
"Can't wait to play monkey in the middle with you, Dieter and Sushi for the chicken, and knowing how smoool you are, by the time you'd reach the bag from my taaall hands we'd already have eaten all of it xp" he texted back. After pressing the send button, he threw his phone away, rolled in his sheets, slapping his forehead, "Gaaaah that was so cringyyy why did I say thaaat?" he wondred.
His phone rang with the sound of a notification, he jerked from his bed so fast he was practically flying. When he landed, he hit the solid ground, it hurt but he was too exited to care, he saw the text.
"What the hell was that?, dork! I'mma stop texting you before losing all of my brain cells byeeee" she texted back.
He continued on laughing like a big giant idiot.
"Oh wow didn't know you had any" he sent, while smiling, big, like really widely.
"Ohh you won't act so confident once we see each other in real life, iss gonna go down buddy" she replied, he chuckled. "Oops my brake is over, gotta go byee"
"Bye" he answered, with a single e, well if he followed his heart there would have been at least five es and six exclamation points with maybe two.... or ten heart emojies but that would be too corny, and wrong to send a friend of course.
His phone started ringing this time, a call, he was so eager to answer when he saw that the person who was calling him...
                       Was kouske.
                    To be continued.