In court.

It was the D-day, the day Yeong-gi had been fearing for the past month, it was the day of his hearing. He got up early, well it was hard to fall asleep, his father reassured him that all will end well, but there are no promises, he will get his college application results in a few days, and there are high chances he'll get in, but that wouldn't matter if he ends up behind bars, once he has a criminal record, it would be hard for him to get into any university, let alone one of the most prestigious in the entire world.
He stood in his bathroom, and turned the faucet on, he cupped his hands to catch the falling water and threw it against his face, hard, he turned the water off and stared at himself in the mirror. Droplets of water were dripping down from his lips, to his chin, down to gently caress his chest , as he contemplated the glass that was in front of him, as if he were looking at his worst enemy, he was fuming with rage, he flexed his arm and directed his fist to the mirror, he barely brushed its surface when he stopped himself. "What are you thinkig ?? " he yelled in his head, if he hadn't controlled himself he would've gotten injured!, how would he explain his wound to the judge, everyone will think he's a violent person, and it'd be harder to side with him. No he had to calm down, he kept repeating his attorney's advice in his head. "Don't look scared, if you're innocent you have nothing to blame yourself for, be confident but not arrogant, don't be impatient, be respectful to the jury and the judge". It is true, he doesn't have to worry because he knows he's innocent, yet he couldn't help but hate himself for not catching Shin-ae that night, he knew Yui pushed him, but he couldn't say anything against her, he'll have to cover up for that witch, but why would she even push him? Did she care that little about Kouske's well being, or did she hate him enough to put ruining his reputation over her son.
It wasn't the time to think about Yui, his driver texted him that he'll be there in five minutes, he quickly put his shirt on and left his room, he was too nervous to want to eat breakfast and for the first time Nana didn't scold him for missing the "most important meal of the day!!!", which only doubled his worries, the fact that his gandma would let him not eating breakfast slide meant it was a very serious situation, he could feel her concern. He just looked at her, fighting back tears, he didn't even know why he wanted to cry but seeing his grandma at that moment, his only real family, almost broke his facade that he spent years to build. He hugged her so tight be she hugged tighter.
"You sure you don't want me to come tiger? " She questioned.
"Yes Nana I don't want to pointlessly stress you out" he answered, with a fake smile, knowing that she wouldn't buy into it. "But I'll be back soon, I promise". He grabbed his bag and left not looking back at his Nana too afraid he would break, but he didn't miss the wavering in her voice when she told him to take care.
He was about to open the front seat of the car when he saw it was occupied, by Kouske. "Great" as if he weren't tense enough. He opned the back door and got inside.
"Good morning Nol" said his brother. Normally it would annoy him to hear that name, his name in his brother's voice, but he had too much to worry about.
"Good morning" he answered, looking at the driver.
"Father wanted me to make sure you behave as you were trained by your attorney" declared Kouske. "If you weren't already aware, this is a very serious case, so you had better not mess around". Yeah like he weren't aware of that! But no, he had to calm down, take a deep deep deep breath and repeat the advice given by his attorney.
It was a long ride to the final destination, as they stepped out of the car they found their dad, his wife (who looked angry as ever) and Yeong-gi's attorney Mr kim annnnd Sang-Chul??  What was he doing here?, had the Kims not decided the "fist nose" incident was forgotten?. Ugh what was he even complaining about?, it was his fault, he had to face the consequences of his actions, he couldn't wait for his family to solve all of his problems, he wanted to change, to be independent, to not worry about what his father will think of his every move because he'll be too successful to care.
The doors that lead to the court opned, Yeong-gi heard the judge say his name as he was walking toward the front seat, suddenly everything felt numb, it was as if his soul was locked in a box underwater while his body was there sitting next to his attorney an in front of his "family". He heard noises, voices, names, words, but even if he was physically there his mind was elsewhere, it was finally confirmed that it wasn't a nightmare but the only reality.
He was dazed, for a long time, he didn't even know how long, he was surprised that no one had asked him any questions yet, this entire time he only heard two voices, his attorny's an the judge's, at one point he saw everyone stand so he just followed, and sat back when they did.
"Will you call the witness Cho Megan" said a voice. The chatter was filling the air and Yeong-gi wasn't taking part in it, he saw Meg stand there, she was probably talking about how she found the bottle containing the substance that someone used to drug Shin-ae, he might've heard Sang-Chul's name at one point, he also heard someone yell before being pulled back to his seat, everything was happening so fast Yeong-gi couldn't keep up the pace, his head was facing the ground, and his future was in his attorny's hands.
Nothing seemed to bring him back to the real world untill he heard Shin-ae's name, he lifted his head and the indistinct voices became clearer, as if his ears were filled with water this entire time and now he was finally rid of it. He wanted to know why her name would be called, untill he saw her walking in front of him. His jaw dropped, his mouth was dry, he was so shocked his heart skipped a beat. He then understood that his father didn't listen to him and brought Shin-ae to all this mess. He was aggravated, he turned his had back to look at his father, brows furrowed, and the man just looked back, nonchalantly as if Yeong-gi had nothing to be mad about, which only increased his level of anger. His attorney stood up to question Shin-ae, he could feel her looking at him, but he was too embarrassed to look back.
"Miss Yoo would you please go through everything you remember at the Kim's formal?" requested his attorney.
"Yes, well I entered the main hall, I didn't know where to go, I was very intimidated by all the pretty women around that had very condescending remarks" declared Shin-ae. He felt so sad for her, he was brought back to that dreadful night, seeing her at her lowest moments, he hoped to erase those images from his memory. "And then I found my friend Yeong-gi " she looked at him with the most genuine and warm smile. "And he helped me feel a little more confident". Yes he remembered them both sitting on the floor while he was searching for Woutube videos to apply makeup on her face, not that she needed any, he remembered him painting her lips with the lipstick he borrowed, and how close their faces were.
She kept on recapitulating all of what had brought to her sitting in that bar drinking what she thought was some exotic juice.
"I recall being next to the pool with the dying urge to jump, I was too under the influence to think straight, I jumped and then... and then.. " she started wincing as if in pain, but maybe she was, it probably wasn't healthy for her to force herself to remember.
The court gave her some time to think but Yeong-gi was boiling on the inside, he wanted to scream STOP! but he knew he'd better not. After a long silence the attorney decided to intervene.
"Miss Yoo, I know this is very difficult for you but please focus, your testimony is of the up most importance. What happened after you tried to jump? " he asked raising his voice. He was trying to rush her, she was already doing her best, she didn't even have to be here.
"Um yeah sorry" she apologized despite not having any reason to. "I felt a hand grab my ankle and then I....  I" she was struggling, a lot, she was in real pain. Yeong-gi couldn't take it anymore he had to do something, he held the sides of his seat to push himself up, but his attorney gave him a look that said Don't you dare, so he didn't dare, he would only make things worse.
"Miss Yoo please focus" he yelled.
"I'm trying! But I can't remember!" she pleaded. Yeong-gi wanted to punch the hell out of that bastard.
"If the witness can't recover her memories, I'll ask you to bring the next one" stated the judge.
"There's no need, I will remember" she affirmed. Her determination to help him made him feel even more guilty, he was shouting objections inside his brain be couldn't, wouldn't pronounce them. "Umm, I was very close to falling down when.. " she stuttered. Her facial expression tensed more and more by the second, then he saw he eyes roll untill her hand fell on her table and so did her head, she fainted.
"Shin-ae" called Yeong-gi in an animal voice, his eyes were wide, wide open, this was a way too vivid déja vu, a horrifying feeling.
Somehow the darkness found it's way back to him, suffocating him, it appeared that she was the only one to bring him back to the surface, but now she was carried by an ambulance all over again.
"This case is adjourned" called another indistinct voice, followed by a loud banging sound, that wasn't loud enough to wake Yeong-gi. He just followed Shin-ae unconsciously until he felt a hand stopping him. "Don't scream, control yourself " he kept repeating in his head. The man that blocked his way was Kouske.
"Are you crazy where do you think you are going? " he whisper yelled. But he didn't answer, didn't have the energy to. "I know you worry about her but if you leave now, the next time you'll see her will be in jail with a big glass wall that separates the two of you, so stay here and I'll go, I'll inform you if she wakes". For the first time in his life, he was grateful for his brother, forgetting about Shin-ae whose in the hospital because of him again was the hardest thing he'll ever have to do, but at least he had someone to look over her.

The break was over and everyone who hadn't left to go with Shin-ae sat back, he was so relieved that Yui didn't go, he didn't believe one bit of her fake speech about how she was so worried about "he precious Shin-ae".
The judge called for Sang-Chul as the third witness.
"You have been a victim of my client's frustration haven't you? " asked his attorney, the last thing he wanted to think about was this fker.
"Yeah he fking punched me that beast" called Sang-Chul
"Watch your language" scolded the judge.
"And what lead to him punching you, did you do anything to provoke him? " asked his attorney.
"I didn't do anything he's just a violent thug" he lied. And then he paused, he exchanged looks with someone who was sitting behind Yeong-gi, when he turned around he saw that Sang-Chul's gaze connected with his father's, he was threatening him, and Sang-Chul looked extremely intimidated.
"Um, I might've called his friend names" he announced,  looking more timorous then ever.
"What type of names? " questioned his attorney.
"I... I called her... a bitch" he mumbled in a very low tone, to hide his embarassment, and Yeong-gi tensed after hearing the insult.
"Your honor as you already witnessed my client has some anger issues when it comes to the people he cares for, Mr Kim had probably pushed him to his limits, which lead him to physically attack him" he explained.
"Mr Hirahara's relationship with the young lady doesn't not excuse his behavior" stated the judge.
"But your honor will you agree that verbal violence should also be punished? It was a simple brawl between two men that had a small disagreement, but that mistake should not and does not define the character of my client whom had only had a good reputation thus far" affirmed his attorney. Yeong-gi still wanted to beat him up after how he pushed Shin-ae, but daaamn he's good, he left the judge speechless, but what now?  He cared about his sentence but his only desire was to sprint to the hospital to see Shin-ae.
"Moving on to miss Cho's testimony, she pleaded you were the one who dropped the bottle containing the drug, what do you have to say for yourself? " inquired the attorney, he was able to turn the situation where Sang-Chul became the criminal and Yeong-gi the victim in a matter of seconds, but he still wanted to punch him. Everyone started gasping around him, whispers here and there of how surprised everyone was that the attorney took Meg's testimony seriously, the judge had to intervene by banging his hammer to quiet everybody down.
"Whaaat and you beleive that hoe? She doesn't even know what she's talking about, stupid bitch only cares for Kouske and when of if he poops" spat Sang-Chul. Yeong-gi was so grateful he was sitting feet away from him because he wouldn't have been able to control his fist if he were close. Unfortunately Meg left to look over Shin-ae so she couldn't back herself up.
"I will advise you to watch your mouth one last time" warned the judge. "If this is how you usually converse, Mr Hirahara's reaction becomes more understandable".
"Yeah but there's no proof of that anyway" said Sang-Chul.
"We have found video evidence of you forcing yourself on miss Yoo" announced the attorney, and Yeong-gi's heart stopped. The attorney took a remote to press the play botton, in the tv that was next to Sang-Chul, he saw him and Shin-ae who was intoxicated, back at the Kims' formal.
"I just don't get it?? What did you do to make them like you", the voice was coming from the video recording it was Sang-Chul's
"They like me? Do you like me?" this time it was Shin-ae.
"Maybe it's this? What can these lips do?  It must be good if Kouske and Yeong-gi can't get enough of you". The things Yeong-gi saw made him sick to his stomach, Shin-ae had to go through that?? And no one even knew. Sang-Chul kept getting closer and closer to her, he hoped nothing happened, and nothing did, she punched him in his crotch like the baddie she is. It felt like everytime Yeong-gi thought he couldn't get more angry, the universe kept proving him wrong. Sang-Chul still found a way to act surprised, that bastard, he wanted to kill him, Mr Kim looked so ashamed of his son.
"A mail was sent to me yesterday revealing this video, someone was video taping you when you took miss Yoo to that private room, still want to deny this?" said the attorney. That wasn't planned, he didn't follow protocol, the goal was to prove Yeong-gi's innocence not to ridicule Sang-Chul, the attorney took his job way too seriously and Yeong-gi was loving it, although he wished he had never known about that disgusting video, but he was glad the truth was out.
Sang-Chul was about to piss himself like the wimp he is, he started sweating profusely and he kept changing his seating position.
"I um....  ahh it's not what you think" he said.
"So the person in the video isn't you? Is that what you are trying to say?" challenged the attorney.
"Objection" called Mr Kim standing up.
"Denied" interrupted the judge.
"Well....it...it... It's all her fault!!" yelled Sang-Chul, pointing at someone in the audience.
                    To be continued.