Keep Your Head Up

Alex's car came to screeching halt next to mine . She left her car running and came to my driver side , snatching the door open .

She pulled me into a much needed hug as I continued to sob. "Aw babe , you alright? Where are you hurt ?"

I reached up and turned on my car light . She got one look at my face and just held me . " That mother fucker ! "

I sobbed Into her shirt . " I can't believe he tried to kill me Alex ." I started shaking just thinking about it . " He tried to kill me !" I cried .

"Its okay babe , it won't happen again . Here ," she took my keys out my ignition and told me to sit in her car . I agreed and told her to grab my duffle bag out the back seat .

I side in her car and noticed she had a fresh cold water bottle in her cup holder . I carefully came up out of my leggings and folded them up .

I sat them in my lap then grabbed the water bottle and poured most of the water on my leggings . When I was done I put the cap back on and sat it back in the cup holder .

With precise , I dapped at my burise on my theig . Being black, I could clearly see my burise on my leg . It was red , bright red . I shook my head .

That will be the last time that dumb ass puts his hands on me .

Alex got back in the car and turned the radio down before noticing what I was doing. " That stupid fuck ," She pinched the bridge of her nose . " He did that too ?"

"Yep."

" Start from the biggining . "

So I did.

I told Alex everything. From telling my family to my dad hitting me to mom and Josh crying to dad kicking me out . To going to Damien's house , from the sex to him telling me to abort my baby , to me saying no and to him beating my ass to me kicking him in the nuts to here and now .

Alex was fuming in her seat . "I can't believe that dick put his hands on you ."

I nodded . Alex didn't know about all the other times Damien has put his hands on me so I figured might as well tell her now .

I twisted my fingers in my lap ."It's not the first time ..."

Aelx gave me a skeptical look , cutting her eyes at me ." You telling me he's done it before?"

I nodded. "Yea."

She slapped her steering wheel. " What the fuck Jazz ?! Why didn't you tell me the first time this shit happen ?!" She shook her head , about to finish but I cut her off .

"Your never there Alex." A tear fell . "All the times I would call you , you would cut me off before I can say anything and tell me your busy. . Every single time ." I sniffed. "So eventually I just stopped calling and texting . . and that's where James came back in at."

James; my teddy bear that I adored.

"Aw man. Jazz , your right. I know I've been working a lot lately and spending most of my time with Rainn and I'm sorry but I'm still your best friend , I care about you and I'm sorry you felt like I abandoned you cause that was never my intention."

I started getting cold , goose bumps started popping up on my legs . Alex noticed and cut the heat on .

"Its okay Alex . I still should have told you."

"Damn straight . So the only other person who knows is James?"

" Yea . You know , sometimes I catch myself thinking what would have happened if me and James pursued a relationship other then me and D but I guess I'll never know now ."