Chapter 2: That's kinky

"Do you think all the douchebags in school are decent people outside of it?" Hazels asks. I roll my eyes, of course they are. 

"Maybe? What's with the weird questions today?" I reply, at the same time as James answers 'obviously not'. 

"What do you mean weird questions?" 

"First you ask whether we think Jake's package is as big as he says it is and now this." James answers, narrowing his eyes. Hazel opens her mouth to defend herself, then closes it again. I smirk a bit at her speechlessness. 

"I was just wondering... I mean, Benett's hot but a huge douchebag. I was wondering whether there's a chance that he's not a total jerk." She answers. I see James' face grow a bit red and he starts arguing about it with her, whilst I decide to focus on my homework, which we're supposed to be doing.

*******************

On Friday, the three of us are making our way to math class and are talking about the upcoming exams.

"Ugh! I'm so nervous!" Both Hazel and James complain. 

"That's because you guys never study. If you actually paid attention in class, you wouldn't be so nervous." I answer, smirking lightly. 

"Sorry, Miss Nerd. We have better things to do than pay attention to some boring classes." James rolls his eyes. 

"But since you do pay attention..." Hazel's voice trails off whilst she's looking at me, smiling sweetly.

"I am not giving you my notes," I say, rolling my eyes at their groans.

"What if you just helped us revise for the tests before they start? That way, we pass our exams without taking your notes. It's a win-win resolution." James smiles smugly as if he just came up with the best resolution in the world. 

"How is that a win-win?" I retort, walking into the math class and taking my seat. Hazel sits next to me and James behind us.

"Because, we pass exams and your notes aren't stolen. Also, we don't get a bunch of detentions and you can hang out with us." How am I supposed to respond to that? How am I supposed to argue when he's right? Damn it.

"Well... I have... other friends..." I stumble through my words. This isn't a complete lie, but they don't know that.

"Yeah, right," Hazel snaps. I groan and agree to help them revise. 

*****************

"How are you dealing with the upcoming exams, Karlie?" Lauren, Jake's mother, asks, during dinner at our house. I honestly don't understand why we have so many dinners at each other's houses. We're next-door neighbors, we literally see each other everyday anyway. 

"Good, although Hazel and James have been bugging me to help them revise. Thank you for asking," I smile at her. 

"How about you, Jake?" My dad asks, smirking a little. 

Jake, who up until this point has been looking down at his lap, not bothering to join in the conversation about exams, looks up. "I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" He asks, looking at my dad. 

"How are you dealing with exams?" My dad repeats his question.

Jake's face grows slightly red as he stumbles through his reply, "Y-yeah, really good." 

Seeing through his lie, we all chuckle a bit and Lauren scolds him, making sure he knows that he needs to pass. 

I smirk at him and he makes a face at me. I roll my eyes and focus on the conversation our parents are having. A while in, I feel a soft kick to my leg, and look towards Jake, who's trying to look innocent. I narrow my eyes and kick him harder. Soon, we're just kicking each other, trying not to bring attention to ourselves. 

Jake quickly gets carried away, like he always does, and kicks the table, knocking over a jug of water, spilling it. I gasp in surprise, just like everyone else, and move away from the table. Jake looks at me with wide eyes. 

My dad runs off to get a towel and everyone else start taking everything off the table. We move it onto the kitchen island and my mom dries the table.

After everything is in place, our parents ask who kicked the table. Jake raises his arm. "Guilty. Karlie and I were kicking each other and I got carried away. I'm sorry." He looks down. Lauren starts scolding him but my mom dismisses it. 

After we finish eating, Jake and I go up to my room. "Not gonna lie, that was kinda amusing." Jake says, sitting on my bed. I sit next to him and punch his shoulder.

"No it wasn't, idiot." I snap. "You shouldn't have kicked me."

"June, I slightly knocked your leg. You're the one that started kicking." He retorts and smirks at my failed attempt of defending myself.

I punch him again, my fists being my only other comeback. He laughs a bit and grabs my hands, pushing me back on the bed and getting on top, pinning my arms above my head with one hand. I start squirming, trying to move away from his wiggling fingers. He smirks and moves his other hand under my shirt, making small circles on my sides. I wiggle around, trying to move away again, but his strong grip is keeping me in place. 

He starts tickling me faster and I give up trying to get away, just laughing my heart out. "STOP J- HAHAHAHA! J-BEAR!" I scream. He pretends not to hear me and carries on.

A while later, he stops and puts his arms on either side of me. I regain my breath and start punching his chest. He laughs and moves his arms, so that his body is pinning mine. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me, flipping us both around, so that I'm on top of him.

I hug him back and sit up on his stomach. "Next time, I might tie you up so that I can use both my hands." Jake grins at me. I narrow my eyes and glare at him. 

"That's kinky." I answer and laugh at his wide eyes. 

"Stop it." He snaps and moves his hands to my sides, squeezing them and making me squeal. "I need a favor," He changes the topic. I raise my eyebrows, telling him to continue. "I haven't taken any English notes. I need yours." He says. I scoff and get off of him. 

"No way. Nu-uh. You ain't getting mine." I answer.

"June, come on. Just let me look through them. Please?" He pouts. I turn away and shake my head.

"No. You should've taken your own."

Jake sits up and puts his arm around me. "Juuuune!" He whines. I take his arm off me and move away slightly. He sighs and stands up in front of me. He kneels down so that I don't have to look up. "What do you want me to do, huh? Do you want me to beg? I'll beg. You're the only person I'd beg. I'll take you out for ice-cream. I'll be your servant if you want. Just give me the notes. Please??" I think about it for a while. To be honest, I'd like to see him beg. For that reason, I shake my head. 

"June, I'm literally on my knees right now. Come on. I know you want me to beg. I'm doing it now. Want me to bow down? Fine," He moves back a bit and lowers his body so that he's a ball, "I'm begging, see?" His voice is muffled. I try to fight back a smile but I fail and stand up.

"Fine. Get up. You look ridiculous." He stands up quickly and hugs me. 

"Thank you, thank you." I push him away and look through my notes, giving him the ones he needs. He kisses my cheek and smiles. 

"You owe me." I say, walking towards my bed and lying down. 

"I know I do," He lies down next to me. "Wanna watch a movie?" He asks. I smirk at him.

"Yeah, let's watch 'To all the boys I've loved before'" I tell him. Don't judge me, I like the books and movies. 

He groans and shakes his head. "How about a better movie?" He asks. 

I smile sweetly at him, "Nu-uh. You're my servant, now we're watching 'To all the boys.'" I retort.

"I regret saying that." I hear him mutter under his breath, as I turn on my laptop.