Chapter 9

Haden POV

I leaned on the pommel of the sword given to me by a cousin of mine. Who also happens to be the son of Poseidon. He said his name was Percy something...can't remember...I already forgot. But he had a cool friend that was a satyr. His name was Grover. Nice guy. Anyway, the sword is called Riptide. Apparently, it's also doubles as a pen...so that's cool. "Nice sword." Evie stated. "You like? My older cousin gave it to me." I answered looking at the sword. "Which cousin? You have like 100." Evie pointed out. "All I know is that his name is Percy and that he's the son of Poseidon." I said with a shrug. "Cool cousin." Evie said. "Hey!" I said. "Not cooler than you though." She said with a smile. "Thank you." I stated with a smile. "Too easy. Why don't you give it a test drive?" Uma asked Mal. "We want to see it work." Uma added. "You always were quite the drama queen." Mal told her. "Guess we didn't plan for this...did we?" I asked Evie in a low whisper. "Not really. No." She said. I heard the sound of panting. I looked over to see Dude. "What is Dude doing here?" I whispered to Evie. "Oh, and nothing too big, or else Ben is fish bait." Uma demanded. I looked over to see Harry dangling Ben over the plank above the water. "We're dead." Carlos squeaked. "Not really." Evie said whispering in his ear. I furrowed my eyebrows. Mal turned around and looked at us. Carlos slightly jerked his head in the direction of Dude. "Okay. Although it seems absurd, turn your bark into a word." Mal said before waving the wand at Dude. Oh gods. Dude stared blankly at Mal. "This is part of the plan...right?" I asked confused. "Talk...Dog." Mal told him. "She doesn't actually expect--" I started. "Does this vest make me look fat?" Dude asked. The pirates started cheering. My mouth dropped open shocked. "Did he just? Dude just--How did he--Since when--" I started utterly confused. "I'll explain later." Carlos whispered. "Hey does anyone have some bacon? Cookies?" Dude asked. "Give me the wand!" Uma demanded Mal. "Give me Ben!" Mal shouted. "Harry, bring him over." Uma said to her first mate. "And, before you go, uh, tell your mama, Gaston says hi. And also tell your dad that my dad wishes he finished off your dad when he had the chance." Gil rambled to Ben. Harry dropped Ben at Mal's feet. "Cut him loose, Harry." Uma ordered. Harry sighed. "I never get to have any fun." Harry stated releasing the king. Ben immediately grabbed Mal's hand as Mal handed Uma the wand. Mal pulled Ben towards us. "Ben, go! Stick with Haden." Mal ordered. "Go! Go!" Mal said pushing him back. I brought my sword up ready for a fight. "By the power of the sea, tear it down and set us free!" Uma shouted waving the wand in the air. Nothing happened. She stared at the wand. Uma looked over at us. "You didn't actually think we'd give Fairy Godmother's wand, did you?" I asked. "I mean, come on. I thought you were smarter than, Shrimpy." I stated. "No!" Uma shouted breaking the fancy stick. "You do not get to win every time!" Uma yelled. "Haden! Protect Ben!" Mal shouted. "Aye aye!" I said saluting her. "Get 'em!" Uma screamed. Carlos unleashed smoke bombs with a slingshot as Evie tossed Ben a cutlass. "Back to back, Ben." I said twirling Riptide around. "Nice sword." He said looking at it. "Ben...Not the time." I said bringing the blade of my sword down on wharf rat's sword that attacked Ben. "It's funny how you tried." I said grabbing him and flipping him into the water below. I was attacked from behind and slammed an elbow into the face of a pirate before sweeping his feet out from under him. I shook my head. "You should know better than to fight me." I warned. Gaston the II showed up. "HADEN!" He yelled out. "Hey! It's what's-your-face!" I called out pointing at him. "My name is Gaston the II!" He yelled. "Oh right!" I said sarcastically facepalming myself. He ran at me with his sword raised above his head. I let out a sigh. I dodged his hammer attack and tripped him making him fall flat on his face. I smirked. "What is it they say about the Gastons? Oh yeah...All brawn...no brain." I said jumping over his attempt to take my legs out from under me. He got to his feet before continuing his attack. I parried every move before disarming him and tossing his sword into the water below. I pointed my blade at his chest. "No one is slick like Gaston...Your dad will be so ashamed to find out that...I'm more slick than you." I said before slamming my foot into his chest causing him to fall into the water. "Haden! Let's go!" The others called out to me. They were waiting by the bridge. I was surrounded by wharf rats. I pointed my sword at each of them. "Ladies and germs...may I present you...Chester, the sons of Cerberus." I said with a smirk motioning to my right as Chester slowly rounded the corner standing at his full height of 8 ½ feet. Deimos let out a growl as they stalked towards the pirates. The pirates took off in different directions as I ran to the others. "Chess, I'll see you soon." I told them before snapping my fingers Chester disappeared in a plume of blue smoke before I joined Evie's side. Mal brought the bridge down and created a large gap between the VKs and the Pirates. Uma was fuming. "What's the matter, Shrimpy? Disappointed? Get over it." I said before we ran off.