Chapter 19

Haden POV

I stood in front of the others before letting out a sigh. "Scorch!" I called out. Scorch came around the corner. "I need you to do me a favor. Watch over the kids while we're gone." I said. He nodded his head. "Yeah. Sure no problem." He said giving me two thumbs up. I looked at Evie. "What changed you mind?" She asked. "Well someone has to protect you guys." I answered walking over to the custom blue flaming motorbike bearing my full name. I hopped onto the bike and kicked the stand up before the five of us drove to the edge of Auradon. I hit the brakes and listened to the bike rumble beneath me. "I'll see you guys there." I announced staring out at the Isle. "Don't you need a spell?" Celia asked. "I'm a god. I am my spell." I said before burning the tires and speeding across the water leaving a trail of magic blue flames behind me. I sped through the streets of the Isle before skidding to a halt and looked around. I leaned against the bike waiting for the others. A couple of minutes later, they arrived and parked alongside me. "How is your bike so much faster than ours?" Carlos asked. "I don't know. Maybe Hermes hooked me up with something different than yours. He is the fastest of the Gods." I said with a shrug sitting up before getting off the bike. "Hey. I'm me again." Mal announced. "Duh. Evil magic doesn't work here. Kind of the point." Celia told her. I snickered. "Welcome back." Evie said to Mal throwing her arm around her shoulders. I looked at Jay and Carlos. "Aren't you worried might steal your bike?" Jay asked. "Please. People would have to be stupid to steal from me." I said. "But, Haden...the Isle is filled with people that are stupid enough to." Carlos pointed out. "Oh right. Don't worry. My bike is spelled to me. It won't run without me." I said walking away. "I want that." Jay and Carlos said in unison. I walked beside Evie as we followed Celia down an alley. "Did I ever tell you how good you look on a bike?" E whispered in my ear. "No. But I'm glad you think that." I said with a slight blush. Celia slammed on a door in a rhythm. She was answered by a rhythmic knock from the other side before the door opened. We entered and my hair lit up the dark cramped corridor. "This reminds of the tunnels when we searching for Maleficent's scepter. We all thought Jay was making monster noises and turned out being Carlos' cat, Beezlebub." I said. "Oh yeah! Carlos whatever happened to your cat?" Mal asked. "Oh...uh...he had run in with one of Scar's hyenas. Yeah...not a good day." Carlos explained. My eyes went wide. 

We entered Dr. Facilier's VooDoo Arcade. "Hey!" Dr. Facilier said looking at Celia. "Daddy!" Celia exclaimed running to him and giving him a hug. "There she is!" Facilier shouted picking her up before setting her down. "Come on. And...Ho! And..Ho!" Dr. Facilier sounded as he danced with his daughter. He leaned down as he tapped a finger to his cheek. Celia flicked his top hat and walked away before Dr. Facilier caught her with a chuckle. "Hey, yeah. Come here little rascal. So, what kind of hustle you got going on with them shiny people?" Dr. Facilier asked Celia. "No hustle. I got friends on the other side." Celia answered. "Ah! I hear you. I hear you." Dr. Facilier said. I stood next to Evie staring at an old arcade game. "Alerts of a sleeping spell keep coming in as it spreads throughout Auradon." I heard, I spun around to join Carlos at a tv set. "Uh. Guys. Come look at this." Carlos called out. "There are rumors that Sleeping Beauty's daughter, Audrey, is behind the spell. We're trying to discover who is responsible for these vicious lies, and which villain has perpetrated this evil. We have an update. It's what? It's moving this way? It is moving this way." The reporter said. "Son of a minotaur!" I cursed. "Hey! Boy, watch your language in front of the kids." Dr. Facilier told me. "My bad." I said getting to my feet and heading outside. "Wow! Rookie mistake?" Carlos said gesturing to five people on our bikes. I crossed my arms with a slight smirk. "Long time nay see." Harry Hook announced. Three took off. "Get off my bike, Hook." Jay called out to Harry. "Catch me if you can, Jay." Harry said. The fifth pirate tried to leave on my bike. I sighed walking to him. "You didn't actually think you could steal my bike, did you?" I asked grabbing him and throwing him off my bike in a garbage can. I hopped on before chasing after the others. "Haden!" The others called out but I was already gone.