Chapter 22

EVIE POV

The two teams celebrated but refused to celebrate with each other. "Guys, come on. This was so great. We were a team. We worked together. Come on. Come on." I said trying to get Mal and Uma to congratulate each other. I let out a sigh after they refused. "You know what we should try? An icebreaker." I said with a smile. I turned to the pirates as the VKs groaned. "You say something you really like about the other person, okay? I'll start." I said to Uma. "Harry. Great accent." I told him. "Now, you go." I told him. "Is she always this perky?" Uma asked Mal. "Oh, it wasn't really your turn, but thank you." I said coldly. "Okay. Evi, come here." Mal said. "Yeah." I said with a smile. "I love you." Mal said. "I love you." I replied. "I love this energy, but we are very short on time. Audrey clearly knows that we're here and we need to get out of here, ASAP." Mal told me. "All right, where does this cheerleader bunk down?" Uma asked. "Even if she's not there, we might find some sort of clue." Uma stated. "Actually she's still in the dorms." I said. "You're right. Because of summer school." Mal voiced. Harry let out a laugh. "What? Summer school? Summer school! No wonder she wants revenge!" Harry exclaimed. "Okay. I need you guys to go find Ben. We will meet back at Evie's in two hours, okay?" Mal ordered. "Sounds like we're going with my plan. I'm just saying." Uma said. "It was kind of the obvious plan." Mal argued. "Uma said it first." Gil pointed out. "Right. So my plan." Uma said to him. "Right?" Gil asked. "Whatever." Mal said before we all left for the dorms.

I entered Audrey's room with Mal to find Uma sitting on Audrey's bed. "She's nowhere on campus." I said. "Found her diary. And dang, did you ruin Audrey's life." Uma stated. "Okay. So you did you find anything in there that we don't already know or...She hangs out at Fairy Cottage. You know, where Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather hid her mom from your mom." Uma answered Mal. "Yes. Ha. Ha. Ha. The irony is not lost on me." Mal shot back. "How could anyone with this bed ever be unhappy?" Uma asked. "Okay. How do I look?" Celia asked wearing Audrey's jewelry. "Okay. The bling stays here." I told her. "But she's bad." Celia said. "And we're not." I countered before she put them back.

EVIE'S CASTLE

"I really hope they find Ben." Mal said as we arrived at my castle. "Nice digs." Uma said. "I got a really good deal." I said with a shrug as I walked to my house. I found Squeaky and Squirmy asleep on a sofa together. Dizzy was in the middle of a nightmare where Celia comforted her. "Don't worry Dizzy. We're gonna fix this. And when we do, they're gonna let all the kids come from the Isle. So, happy dreams." Celia said to Dizzy. A deep snore came from within the kitchen and I found Scorch knocked out at the counter surrounded by food. "He always was hungry." Uma said smiling at the son of Scar. I looked at her and smirked a bit before I saw the top of a bronze sword on the floor in a doorway. My eyes widened as I ran around the corner to see Haden on the floor on his back with his head to the side. His hair was out and appeared like a cobalt blue mess around his head. I knelt beside him and tapped him on his shoulder. "Haden. Wake up. Wake up." I said shaking him slightly. "He's spelled." Uma told me. "Is she not a fast learner?" Uma asked Mal. "She's emotionally involved, okay?" Mal answered. "Well, in the case she should be able to wake him up." Uma stated. I looked up from sleeping boyfriend at Uma. "True love's kiss. Works every time." Uma explained. "Well, we haven't used the "L" word yet." I said. Uma rolled her eyes. I looked at Haden's face before looking at the two girls. "Can we be alone?" I asked them. Uma and Mal left before I got to my feet.

Evie:

🎶Don't freak out, it's okay🎶
🎶'Cause true love can save the day🎶
🎶And I think we feel the same🎶
🎶But I don't know🎶
🎶When we met, it was sweet🎶
🎶He was oh so into me🎶
🎶Seems like things are meant to be🎶
🎶But I don't know🎶
🎶Does he love me? Or does he love me not?🎶
🎶Do I love him? And is it strong enough?🎶