Chapter Ζ

A/N: Next Chapter, 'Chapter Ζ (zeta). What will happen on their field trip? Find it out in this chapter!

Caenis POV

I was on the way to the cafeteria to eat something before we go into the forest of Forever Fall. It is still one hour till we have to meet Ms. Goodwitch at the landing pad and since we got some free time before that instead of classes I used the time for some mental training and because of that, I want to recharge my energy with food. 

When I entered the cafeteria I saw only a few students besides the one who are going to the field trip. I took the tray with my food and headed to one of the places with the highest distance from the other students. I ate my food which was again chicken with rice I saw Jaune talking with the pricks or Cardin and his team. During the last week, he was oddly often around them. I was so focused on why he would do that since I always thought of Jaune as someone who wouldn't hang out with this kind of person, that I didn't have noticed the presence behind me until they began to talk to me.

Nora: "Hey Caenis!"

Ren: "Greetings."

Pyrrha: "Hello."

"Uhm, hi."

Nora: "You wouldn't mind if we sit here with you, do you?"

"No, but I thought you would sit with team RWBY."

Ren: "They had to go back to their dorm because they forgot something there."

"That would explain it and now you are here because you need someone else to talk to?"

I said with a slight chuckle.

Nora: "You got that!"

"Can I ask you something?"

Pyrrha: "Sure."

"Why is your leader with another team?"

Ren: "We don't know and he never told us something when we asked him about that. Why do you ask?"

"I think they planned something for today."

Pyrrha: "You think so?"

"It's just a feeling in the gut, but that feeling never disappointed me."

Pyrrha: "I just hope he will not do something stupid."

"Well, he is with the pricks so the chance is very high that something bad will happen."

I then took the last bite of my food and looked at the clock in the cafeteria and saw that we have 20 minutes left.

"20 minutes then the field trip begins.", I said while standing up with the tray in my hands.

"Enough time to go one last time to the toilet and to get our fighting equipment."

Nora: "You plan your toilet visits?"

"Yes, it wouldn't be good if you need to go there during a fight."

Nora: "Fair point."

Together we then headed to the lockers to get our equipment. We talked a bit about the school on our way and when we reached our destination, our group splitter into two. I went with Ren into the man locker room and Nora and Pyrrha into the woman locker room. 

I got my stuff and put on my armor as well as Ren dressed in his combat outfit. When We got out we waited for Nora and Pyrrha. A few seconds later the two girls came out of the door fully dressed in their combat outfits. On our way to the landing platform, Nora started a conversation.