"Black Boys Bloom Thorns First: Volume 2, Chapter 29

"Oh my, time heals all but you outta time now (Now)
Judge gotta watch us from the clock tower (True)
Lil' tear gas cleared the whole place out
I'll be back with the hazmat for the next round
We was tryin' to protest, then the fires broke out
Look out for the secret agents, they be planted in the crowd
Said, "It's civil unrest," but you sleep so sound
Like you don't hear the screams when we catchin' beatdowns
Stayin' quiet when they killin' niggas, but you speak loud
When we ride, got opinions comin' from a place of privilege..."

"Lockdown"- Anderson.Paak

Califia stood before the march organizers and read off the things the group wanted to pass along to other protestors. Erik sat next to her on a chair and listened to her tick off each item.

"People should bring protective gear if they can. Goggles or sunglasses for pepper spray. If they have access, they can use the heavier gear for tear gas. Masks or bandannas for the face. Milk and water is good to have on hand to flush out the eyes if tear gas is used. Tattoos and other identifiable markings need to be covered. They should wear plain clothing or gear that doesn't have identifiable brands. A woman was arrested in the States because the Feds were able to trace a T-shirt she bought online at a specialty site. We have advised everyone to bring extra t-shirts and other clothing to switch out so they can disappear if surveillance photos are taken and the streets get hot. Confusing the enemy is the name of the game. We learned a lot from Hong Kong protestors in the past. Phones need to have GPS turned off and if possible, passcodes placed on them in case they are confiscated. No sharing selfies or uploading images..."