Chapter 1

Okay, so I found out that it's a paid story here in wattpad, luckily I have the book version of it. Sadly, I think there's no Chaelisa here. Sorry guys. A reminder for y'all is that, Jisoo is a boy here. Sorry guys!!!!

....

Jennie Kim

"You look happy," I commented as I watched my best and only girl friend, Lisa, giggled over something she was reading in her iPhone.

We were seated at our usual table in the cafeteria of our school that was considered to be the most prestigious private school in New York City. It was very exclusive; only the rich and famous could afford to send their kids here. As was typical in all high schools, there was a social hierarchy here. There were bullies, social climbers, backstabbers, and popular people—think “Gossip Girl,” but with less drama.

At the center of this was Lalisa “Lisa” Manoban, daughter of one of the famous fashion designers in the world. She wasn't just an It Girl; she was the It Girl. Think Daisy Buchanan with long blonde  hair transported into the present and became way hotter. No wonder every guy in our school wanted to date her, not to mention the models and celebrities who didn't even attend our school but who vied for her attention.

Lisa has been looking out for me since the last semester of ninth grade, when kids at school picked on me a lot because I was a huge nerd. She stood up for me, and we've been inseparable ever since. I owed her a lot. Since the first day she took my side, no one had dared to be mean to me. She taught me how to be strong, how to fight back when necessary, and even how to be a total hottie, even if I never quite get the hang of the scene. I preferred books over boys, and there was only guy I could only talk to.

Lisa was known as the trendsetter in our school, and the truth was that I was her opposite, even though everyone expected me to be like her. I wasn't that beautiful or charismatic or exciting like she was. The only thing we had in common was we were both rich. But Lisa was more than just my best friend. She was my sister in every way, and I'd never felt jealous or envious of her. I had promised myself long ago that I would do everything I could to make her happy.

"It's Jungkook," she told me with a smile. "We're going on a date."

Jeon Jungkook was a model and Lisa's boyfriend. They've been together for three weeks now. So far, she seemed really happy with him. I just hoped it wouldn't end like her other relationships. I really hated it when guys left her for no good reason.

"You're always going on dates, right?" I asked, arching an eyebrow curiously. "Not to mention skipping classes with him. What's so different this time?"

"Love can make you do things you never you could," she said with a sparkle in her eyes.

"Come on, Lisa. Students skip classes for a lot of reasons, but love? Please." I laughed

"Stop it, grumpy," she retorted. "If you would only do everything I've taught you, then love would be begging at your feet." She smirked. "Speaking of love, your prince is here." As I turned to my back, I saw Taehyung coming out way. I felt myself blush and shushed Lisa.

Kim Taehyung was the one guy I didn't even feel awkward having around. He came from a family of doctors. His parents were well respected in their fields, and his family owned a chain of hospitals worldwide.

"Goodmorning ladies. Mind if I join you?" he asked.

"Sure, honey, but I'm about to leave, so please take care of the hotel heiress," Lisa said, beaming.

Taehyung bowed his head before me. "Good afternoon, hotel heiress,"

I rolled my eyes and told him to quit it.