Chapter 4

Kim Jisoo

Jennie's kiss surprised me. I could still feel the warmth of her lips on my cheek and I couldn't forget that innocent look of surprise on her face. It was amazing how something that others would have considered nothing more than a friendly gesture had made her react like that. I wondered what her reaction would have been if it had been a kiss on her lips. Well, we'd get to that. Sooner or later, she was gong to give in to my irresistible charm. I was looking forward to having her beg me to kiss her; I couldn't wait to find out the when and how of it. One thing was for certain, though-she definitely wasn't my typical girl

How could she be not bothered by the sight of her boyfriend flirting with someone else? Although, in my defense, it wasn't really flirting. I was just playing along. Could she have ulterior motives for getting together with me? But I dismissed the thought. If she was acting, then I'd have nominated her for an Oscar. Still, something told me that, unlilke many of the girls l'd dated before, she wasn't using me as some sort of trophy boyfriend. I mean, she was smart, and she wouldnt put herself in a position where she might be humiliated. Still, I needed to be cautious. After all, who knows? Anything could happen.

My phone rang as I was leaving, At first, I thought it was Jennie. I frowned in disappointment when I saw a different name flash on the screen.

"Who is this?" I asked, pretending I didn't already know.

"Ji-soo my man! What's with the attitude? It's Chaeyoung!" [A/N: Chae is a boy here ;-;]

"Who? I don't know anyone named Chaeyoung. Park Chaeyoung was my best friend and heir to one of the most successful investment companies in the industry. We were kind of like two peas in pod, sharing the same traits and interests. We were like brothers, he and I. Or we had been. He'd left town and went to France years ago. This was the first time l'd heard from him since then.

"Quit fooling around! I'm back! Is this how you welcome your long-lost bro?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't have bros who leave for years and never keep in touch! Wrong number, pal"

"Still the same buster as before! he replied with a laugh

"Okay, grandpa, cut the crap and meet me at The Pub. We have a lot of catching up to do!

"We'll see," I hung up, took the next U-turn, and headed for The Pub. It took me ten minutes to get there. Park Chaeyoung," I said when I saw him. "Well, well! You got fat!"

"It's called muscles, genius," he shot back. "You got skinny!"

"Still a smartass, huh? Let 's talk inside, wise guy. We went to the ViP lounge and ordered vodka.

"Ciroc? Man, it's good to be back! James said. "Just the way you liked it!" I replied. "Anyway, what happened to you over there in escargot land? How come you went all French, ignoring my ass for years?"

"Sorry, dude, it wasnt my fault! Blame those French girls. You should've visited me! Paris was off the hook!"

"Very funny, Park! You sound like one of my girlfriends longing for my junk. You turning to the other side?" I joked. We both laughed.

"Screw you Kim! I'm still a ladies man. That won't change and speaking of ladies, the French girls are so hot. You should have joined me! We would've been kings! It would ve been so epic!

"Still think you're some lady killer huh, Romeo?" I laughed "I still prefer Americans, you know." I said, not realizing I did something that I shouldn't have done in front of this guy, who happened to be Mr Knows-Me-Too-Well.

"Are you smiling? Is Kim Jisoo finally dating you know who?" he asked with interest. He was talking about Lisa, of course. He knew our story and my feelings for her.