Chapter 1

Hope's P.O.V

I walked around the forest hearing the birds singing. It was calm, even tho I had no idea how I got here.

I soon came to a clearing were thier was a pond, there were many animals around, including owls, wolves, and even a few snakes.

I sat down as one of the wolves came over to me, this wolf was completely black with silver eyes, I don't know why but I feel like I've seen this one before.

"Hello girl" I said, beginning to pet her as she lay her head on my leg.

I looked across the lake, seeing fish swimming about and a few toads.

"It's so beautiful here" I sighed, happily.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

My eyes shot open at the sound of my alarm, as I nearly jumped out of my bed and landed on a heap on the floor.

I saw my cousin stick his head in the door way, and cover his mouth to stifle a laugh.

"Don't even think about it" I growled, to which he responded to by immediately beginning to laugh.

I slowly stood up glaring at him, once he noticed me a frightened look came to his face.

"Uh oh" He said as he began running down the stairs with me close behind him.

We ran threw the house and as we got to the kitchen I tackled him to the ground, smirking in victory.

"Hope fell out of bed again" Uncle Vernon, who was sitting at the table drinking coffee, said, not looking up from his newspaper.

"Yep" Dudley said, as I got off his back to take a shower and get dressed.

After getting dressed in a simple shirt and skirt, with few accessories, and my glasses, I went back down to eat breakfast.

"So we have a surprise for you two" Aunt Petunia said, after we had ate.

"What is it?" Dudley asked, looking at his mother.

"Well..." She said, pulling something out of her pocket "We have some shopping to do" as she said that, she placed 2 letters on the table in front of us.

"They came!" I exclaimed, snatching mine, as Dudley grabbed his, we had found out he had magic, after he accidentally set fire to one of his shirts when he wasn't happy it no longer fit.

I opened up my letter quickly, my smile never leaving my face.

Dear, Miss. Potter
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl no later than 31, July.
Yours sincerely
M, Mcgonagall
Minerva Mcgonagall
Deputy Headmistress

My smile grew with each word I read, I have waited for 10 years, and now I'm finally going!

"We'll go to diagon alley after lunch" Uncle Vernon said, chuckling.

"Okay" Me and Dudley said in sink, I grabbed the supplie list to look at what we would need.

Uniform
First-year students will require:
~Three sets of plain work robes (black)
~One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
~One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
~One winter cloak (black,, silver fastenings)

Course books
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
The Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Draughts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

"Cat is definitely the best choice of pets" Dudley said.

"I disagree" I told him "I think it's owls"

"Seriously" He said "Cats are better"

"No owls" I said "Thier more useful"

"Cat's are still better" Dudley argued.

We continued to argue back and forth about which was beter well Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon looked on chuckling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Violet's P.O.V

I laid on the couch bored as I looked at the galleon that I was levitating above my head, there wasn't much to do at the moment seeing as my broom had been broken in the recent storm.

I snapped out of my thoughts as the galleon was snatched from in front of me.

"I think I have something that will make you feel better" My dad said as I sat up to look at him.

"What is it" I asked noticing that he had something hidden behind his back.

In response he simply pulled a letter out from behind his back, my face immediately lit up as I snatched the letter and ripped it open.

Dear, Miss. Lupin Black
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl no later then 31, July.
Yours Sincerely
M, Mcgonagall
Minerva Mcgonagall
Deputy Headmistress

A large smile came to my face as I lept up and hugged my dad, who chuckled and hugged me back.

"I'm so excited" I exclaimed, just about jumping out of my skin.

"I can see that" Dad said chuckling "We'll go to diagon alley later"

"Okay dad!" I exclaimed smiling, before catching sight of the family picture on the fireplace. My smile fell slightly, it was the only picture we had of before my father was taken to Azkaban.

Dad followed my gaze, seeing where I was looking, before pulling me back into a tight hug.

"He would be proud of you" Dad whispered to me, I nodded hugging him tighter.

"I just wish he could still be here" I mumbled "It's not fair, h-he never even got a trial"

I felt like crying whenever I remembered the day father left, but I refused to show weakness, I wouldn't let my self cry over something I can't control.

"I know sweetheart" Dad said "But the best we can do is try to find the real traitor to prove his innocence, you know the ministry won't listen to either of us"

"I know dad" I said, looking up at him, with a small smile.

"That's my girl" He said, chuckling well patting my head "Now how about I make some breakfast, well you go get dressed"

"Okay dad" I said running up to my room, hearing him laugh.

(That's all for this chapter, I only own Violet, the Harry Potter characters belong to J.K. Rowling)