3✅

Lilian

Wednesday, September 28.
7:45am.

I wore a simple dress, it was white with black polka dots, black sandals and a white head warmer, I dragged my box out, it was not very heavy since I did not park many clothes.

I did not wear any make up, normally I would do make up but, It just does not feel right again, nothing feels right again.
I'm not going to school till my mom comes back and till then I'll be staying at my aunts place.

I gave our house workers a leave, since I'm in charge, I locked my room door and all the windows in the house.

Picked my phone before locking the door, then I moved downstairs.
Aunt Betty was already making breakfast, so I just dropped my box near the couch and I helped set the table.

I'm happy those relatives have gone, they ate and used all the provisions and groceries we had.
But I'm glad they have crawled back to the fuckin' hole they crawled out from.

"Good morning Lilian." My aunt greeted, she turned to face me before smiling.

"Morning Auntie." I replied, I'm not really excited about staying at her house, I really don't like her kids they are trouble, and very mischievous.

But I really want to take a break from school and staying alone In the house will make me lonely and I still haven't gotten over my father's death.

I can't tell my aunt to stay here with me, she has been here since Sunday and she has her own kids.

"I'll call my driver to come pick us." She said, I could only see her back view, an apron tied around her neck and waist,she was wearing a simple dress that made her look a bit younger than her age.

I'm surprised that she remembered to use an apron, I'm always forgetting and sometimes I end up staining my clothes and yelling at everyone.

You can say I'm rude, I'm also very spoilt and I really don't have friends, in school and in the neighborhood... It's only been family.

So imagine loosing one of the only friends you have in the world... I miss my Mike.

"No need for that... We can just take an uber." I replied, sure I will never suggest we take BRT or we take public busses.

Public busses In Lagos is something else, the sight of dirty, smelly people sitting beside you, most of them just returned from the market and the scent alone can make you puke.

Anyways my mom stopped  from taking public transports because it's not very hygienic and I'm exposed to different smells, like dumps, smoke and to top it up there is no air conditioner.

People from different places and to a different destination, rubbing their dirty body on you... Well don't think I'm overreacting, it's something I really don't like.

"No, it's nothing... I'm not comfortable with other people driving me." Aunt Betty said.

Lame excuse!

I walked into the kitchen to see what she was preparing. Although I was already guessing it was plantain and egg, because the aroma kept tickling my nostrils.

"Okay then." I replied, she scooped the last round of fried plantains away from the fry pan and I helped her carry it to the dinning table after pouring it into a bowl, not really caring to drain the oil.

I'm really hungry and since yesterday's cereal I have not eaten anything.

She picked her phone and I assumed she wanted to call her driver, I walked back to the kitchen painted cream, opened the refrigerator to pick another tin milk.