4✅

Lilian

Friday, September 30.
12:15 pm.

"Jane the hand is not square." I said staring down at the toddler, she laid down on the floor, colours and pencils scattered around. I just loved the fact that this kids are not lazy and they take their homework serious.

Still, they can be very stubborn and they do what ever they want, she ignored what I said and continued to color the rubbish she drew.

I'm just glad that they went to school throughout my stay and the only time they had to disturb me was in the evening, and then they would be so exhausted.

"Help me park my hair, add this pins and make it look pwetty." Jade said walking towards me with a comb on her hand, I spared her a deadly glare, she moved back a bit staring at me.

"What?" she asked looking confused as a small smirk crawled to her small lips, frustrating me gave them a nice wave of happiness.

"Magic words." I said before facing my phone, if she doesn't say please I'm not helping her look 'Pwetty'.

"It's not like you are vewy good in hair styling." She said raising her hands, she hissed and turned back.

What the fuck!

It's not like I want to be here, teaching this annoying toddlers.

A call from my mom came in and I picked it immediately.

"Hey mom" I uttered, I just can't wait till she returns tomorrow, I'm tired of these kids.

'Lilian I'm on my way.'

What!
My jaws dropped and I held my head after trying to think clearly.
Today is Dad's funeral and if she comes back today, she'll have to go through with the widows rites  because the villagers are attending the funeral.

And that means she'll have to go to the village and it may take a whole year.

I'm not spending the rest of the year here and I'm not going to stay at the village, those people are wicked and heartless and they will force her to follow them to the village.

'Mum the village people, they sure are going to come an–'

I said looking worried.
Is this woman thinking?

'I want to see my Mike one last time and I want to make it up to you, I don't care about the rites again.'
She said her voice was shaky and it was as if she was crying.
The woman is very confused right now, but still that's not a good idea.

"Lilyar what shape is the head." Jane asked, I turned my head to see her beside me, her hands on her waist and if you saw her posture right now you will think I'm owing her money.

"Triangle!" I snarled, before totally ignoring her and what she said.

"Can't you be a little more nicer?" She uttered rolling her eyes.
One more word and I'm placing that slap on her tender soft cheek.

"Mom that's not a good idea, I don't want you to go there–" I did not finish when Aunty Betty collected the phone from me.

She was already dressed in her black gown and black hat too, I wore a black top and trousers too...
I can't believe Mike is gone, he is leaving TODAY.

"Are you even thinking Stace, I know you want to see Mike, but who will take care of Lilian when you leave for the rites, there's a high possibility of you not coming back here. Most people die in the process."
Aunty Betty uttered, an angry look spread across her face.