Chapter 1

Bucky's POV
We raided another HYDRA support base, I skidded to a stop as I saw rooms with cells in them. Human experiments. I walked into the room, shooting two hydra agents as they tried to rush me. I looked into the cells, I found a small room, I walked in and saw files upon files, all of them inactive, deceased people. I looked at the one file that still was alive, a little girl, definitely no older than 6 years old. I looked through it, the amount of abilities this kid has is out of control, how is she even alive. I grabbed the large file, and walked out, I walked through the cells, scratch marks down the walls, dried blood on the everywhere.
My com said" Hey, Buck, where are you?" Steve checking in on me, of course,
I said" Yeah, I'm okay. Uh..." I stopped at the cell, seeing a small little girl in the corner, clutching a stuffed animal. She saw me, she yelped, and it started storming outside,
" Bucky? Bucky!" She stared at me, I crouched down to make myself less intimidating.
" I'm in a cell compound. Slowly walk in, don't make any loud noises." She whimpered loudly, pushing herself further into the corner.

We've just been staring at each other, neither of us moving or talking,
I heard Steve say" Buck?" I shushed him, he walked over to me, tilting his head slightly. He followed my gaze and saw her," What?" He crouched down next to me, staring at her too, then he looked at me." Buck.." She flinched, a bolt of lightning hit the roof.
I whispered" Hi, can you talk?" She looked at the wall, I followed her gaze and saw Star written in childish hand, then scribbles under it." Hi, Star. Can you come closer to me?" She stared at me, then scooted closer to me, I saw she was just in a hospital gown. Her hair was dirty, her face too, I wanted to free her from the cell but I knew if I made a sudden move I'd lose what I had now." Can I open the door?" I slowly got up, walking to the cell door, breaking the lock, sliding the door open. She jumped a little, I heard lightning crack above us, the rain got harder. She stared at me," It's okay, it's okay, it's okay." I crouched back down, showing her I meant her no harm. I stared at her, she needed to know I meant no harm, that I'm safe, no fear.
Then Stark yelled" Where are the old geezers?!" She screamed, lightning cracked, thunder boomed, and a storm hit. Steve fell onto his ass, staring at her,
" Hey, hey, hey, hey, focus on me, Star. Okay? Focus on my voice. Star, focus on my voice." She looked at me, her chest rising and falling heavily, I gave her a gentle smile." My name is Bucky, that's my friend, Steve. Can you say those names for me?"
She mumbled" Wucky, Weve."
" That's right." I saw the ceiling starting to crack," Can you come out here?" She shook her head, then screamed as the rest of the team came in.
Steve said" Whoa, guys. Stop." Star started to back away again,
" No, no, no. It's okay, those people are my friends too. They won't hurt you, I promise." The ceiling cracked more as I heard the storm rage, I looked at her," C-Can you come to me?" She took a few steps forward, she's still crouched over, holding the stuffed animal with one arm while her other helped her move. She moved to me,
Steve whispered" Bucky, the building is coming down."
" I know. I'm working on it. Go." They all walked out, Star got to me," It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you, okay? I'm safe. Bucky is safe." She reached out to me with one arm, I lifted her arm, she was staring at me. I ran out of the building as it started to collapse.
We got out just in time, I carefully put her down, she sat down, the storm stopped. I saw she was chained up and had a thing around her neck... what the hell?
Natasha said" What is happening, Steve?"
Steve said" Don't ask me."
" Buchanan." I didn't pay attention to her, I was focused on the little girl sitting in front of me.
I whispered" Hi, Star."
She said" Hi, Wucky." I crouched down, then she saw Hulk, she screamed, the storm started again,
Clint said" Holy shit!"
I said" Get him out of here! He's scaring her." Natasha and Stark went to get Bruce back," It's okay, Star. It's okay, see? Bucky is safe." She calmed down, the storm stopped again, she looked at me. She made grabby hand at me, I lifted her back up, holding her on my hip. I looked at her, the bruises and scars under a thin layer of grim and dirt. I sighed, she had dark blue eyes, then I saw metal, I tilted my head, pushing down her gown, I saw a metal line on the back of her neck. She pulled from my hands," It's okay, it's okay, don't worry. Shh, shh, shh." She laid her head on my shoulder, I saw Clint and Steve looking at the file I swiped." Shh, shhh, shh, shh." I slightly rocked my arms, her body relaxed against me, and I knew she was asleep.
Steve said" She's a superhuman. There's a mile long list of powers she has."
Natasha said" Bruce is back, we're ready to leave."
" Okay."

Hours later, we walked into the tower, I carried Star into the med bay, Steve was following me. I laid her down, Bruce started taking her vitals, as gently as he could. She jolted up, screaming, the electricity cut out for a few seconds.
I said" No, no, Star. Star." She saw me, quieting down, she breathed heavily, looking at me." It's okay, it's okay, I'm right here. Bucky's right here." Her toy dropped from her arm, she started crying, I heard thunder outside. I picked up the toy and gave it to her, she calmed down, the thunder stopped. She sniffled, nuzzling her face against the toy, I wanted to hug her, tell her it's okay now. But I knew I'd probably hurt her more, she's probably never been hugged before, or loved. Bruce gave me scissors, I cut the chains holding and took off the collar around her neck.
She said" Wucky!" She made grabby hands to me, I scooted closer to her, she calmed down internally. Bruce looked at me for the okay to continue getting her vitals. I nodded, he continued, she tensed up, breathing heavily.
" Shh, shh, remember? Bucky's right here." She relaxed again, Bruce continued after stopping for a second, I sighed.

Once we knew she was physically not injured, well... injured to a fault. She's hurt, bruised and cut up, Bruce had to wrap her ankles up. I carried her to the bathroom, she was clinging to me as I started the bath. Steve was with me to help me with her,
Steve said" Let me help, Buck." I nodded, moving away from the bathtub.
I whispered" Hi, Star."
She said" Hi, Wucky." I smiled, she was calm, I think she understood that I'm a friend, that I'm trying to help her.
Steve said" Okay, the water's ready." I put her down, taking off the gown, I helped her into the tub. I started washing her, she was pale under the dirt, and her hair was black.
After an hour in the bath, she was finally all clean, I lifted her up and wrapped her in a towel. I sat her down so I could dry her hair,
Steve said" Star, how long were you in your room?" She held up her hand, looking at him," Five... days?" She shook her head," Months?" She shook her head again," Years?" She nodded this time," Your entire life?" She nodded again," What did they do?" She shook her head, tucking her head down, I shushed her gently, and rubbed her hair. She calmed down, she stayed still, letting me continue drying her hair. I saw the metal line on the back of her neck, I gently skimmed my fingers across it. She gasped and moved my hand away from her neck,
I said" Why do you have metal in you, Star?"
She said" Mr. Mean."
" Okay. Let's get you in something, okay?" I lifted her back up, she whimpered, I gently rubbed her hair, she laid her head on my shoulder.