Chapter 6

I woke up between Bucky and Steve, I grabbed Toy, crawling off the bed, I rubbed my eyes. The door opened and I saw candy! I smiled, and followed the candy, eating it.
I got to the big room with couch,
I heard Tony say" Told ya it'd work."
Nat said" She's a 5 years old, Tony, of course it'd work. Hi, sweetie, what're you doing out of bed?" She walked to me, lifting me up,
I said" Dunno."
" Let's get you back to bed." She carried me, then I saw Bucky,
" Wucky!" I made grabby hands to him, he smiled at me and took me into his arms. He carried me back to bed, I laid my head on his shoulder, playing with his hair. He laid down, I yawned, and held his fingers,
He said" Go back to sleep, Star." I closed my eyes," Goodnight." I fell asleep.

I was giggling at Steve as he made funny faces, I traced his face, he smiled. I giggled more, tracing his smile,
He said" Hi, Star." I laughed as his face moved under my hand," Think Bucky will ever wake up?" I shook my head," Me too." Bucky rolled over, I giggled,
Bucky said" You two are too loud." I giggled as I heard his voice sound funny, I crawled up to his face and tilted my head." Hi, Star."
I said" Wucky!" I played with his hair, he smiled at me," Wake?"
" Yeah, I'm awake now." He sat up, I crawled onto his lap and played with his hair." Are you awake yet?" I shook my head," Wanna go back to sleep?" I shook my head," Want food?" I nodded my head, happily," Kitchen it is." He stood up, lifting me up into his arms, I held onto him, and played with his hair.

Bucky's POV
I sat Star on the counter, and saw Tony making pancakes,
Tony said" Think she's ready to meet some more people?"
I said" Maybe, who?"
" Pepper and the kid."
" Yeah, I think she'll be fine." Steve walked in, Star giggled as he made a funny face at her.
" And Rhodey." He put pancakes on a plate and slid it to me, I grabbed the plate.
I said" Okay, Star, these are pancakes, these are fork food." I grabbed a fork and cut a piece of pancake off and ate it with the fork. I cut off another piece and fed her with the fork,
She said" P-Pan...Pan..." She huffed as her mouth jumbled over the words, I smiled,
" Try again."
" Pancake?"
" Good job, Star."
" Pancake, fork food?"
" Yeah. Good job, Star." She smiled and clapped her hands," I will be right back, stay and eat, okay?" She nodded, taking the fork from me, I anxiously walked away from her with Steve following me.
Steve said" Sam wants to come meet her, if that's okay with you?"
" She's already gonna meet Pepper, the spider kid, and Rhodey... is four too many people?"
" We can always calm her down if she gets too overwhelmed, Bucky."
" What if she gets too overwhelmed and hurts herself?"
" Bucky, she'll be fine. Kid's tougher than she looks."
" She's a 5 year old, how tough can she look?" Then I heard her cry, I ran back into the kitchen and saw Tony had given her a glass and it slipped right through her hands and shattered on the floor. I scooped her up into my arms, rocking her, she gripped onto my skin and metal." Shh, shh, it's okay, it's okay, Bucky's right here, Star. Shh, shh, it's okay." I glared at Tony, Steve cleaned the mess up, I heard the storm outside." Shh, Star, Bucky's right here. See?" I put her small hand on my metal arm, showing her I was me and I was right here comforting her.
She settled after a few more minutes, sniffling against my neck, as I gently rocked her.
I heard Natasha say" Oh, what happened?"
Steve said" Tony gave her a glass instead of her bottle."
" Did any wires go out?"
" Not this time, we caught it just before it could get bad." I walked to the couch and sat down, holding Star on my stomach. She was sucking on her thumb, staring off at nothing, when she gets scared, it drains her of energy for an hour or so. I kissed her head, Steve joined me,
He whispered" Is she okay?"
I whispered" Yeah, she's okay."

Star was watching cartoons, cuddled into her blanket and Toy,
Tony said" Hey, tiny thing, come here." She didn't really like Tony that much, probably because he spooked her from the beginning. I got up, and walked to him, Star quickly followed behind me on my heel." That kid doesn't like me very much, does she?"
I said" Nope."
" Good to know."
Pepper said" What kid?"
" Pepper, meet future hero or villain, undecided."
I said" Her name is Star, she's a 5 year old." I rubbed my hand on her head, causing her to look up at me and giggle.
Pepper said" Hi, sweetie. My name's Pepper." Star waved, shyly, and smiled at her," Really, Tony?"
Tony said" She's taken out blocks before."
" She has powers?"
" Yeah, big time powers and no control."
" She'll learn. She's a 5 year old, teach her."
I heard Peter say" Mr. Stark, you called me about an emergency?"
I said" Really, Stark?" Tony rolled his eyes at me," Star, can you throw Toy at Tony?" Star giggled and Tony was hit in the arm by Toy, Pepper withheld her laugh as Tony rolled his eyes and crouched to Star's level.
Tony said" I can always take Toy away." Star's lip quivered, then she started sobbing, a storm instantly started and got rough.
" No... Star, shh, Star, shh." I scooped her up into my arms and cradled her like a baby, cooing at her as she cried loudly." Shh, Bucky's right here, shh, breathe, Star, shh, shh."
She babbled" No take Toy! No take Toy! No take Toy!" Natasha and Steve walked in,
Natasha asked" What happened?"
I mumbled" Ask Stark." I bounced Star in my arms," Shh, Star, it's okay, it's okay, shh, shh, shh."
" What did you do, Tony?"
Tony said" I might have threatened to take the dumb toy away from her." I heard him get slapped,
" Really? The one thing that she's attached to? Smart move, Tony." Star was still sobbing in my arms, the storm got worse, we saw lights start to go out around us.
Steve said" Shh, Star, it's okay, everything's okay." I bounced her more, humming, trying to get her to calm down.
Bruce said" What happened? Everyone's losing power, who upset her that much?" We all looked at Tony," Bucky, you need to get her to calm down."
I said" I'm trying, nothing's working, he scared her. Come on, Star, shh, shh, it's okay, everything's okay, Bucky's right here."
She cried" He take Toy! He take Toy! He take Toy!" The power went out, everything in the city turned dark, she was breathing heavily, sobs breaking through the coughs.
" Shh, shh, shh, it's okay, you're okay, hey, hey, Bucky's right here." I rubbed her back with my metal hand, she was shaking so much," Bucky's right here, see? He's not gonna let anything happen to you, remember? You're safe with Bucky. Safe. Safe. Safe." She calmed down, her heartbeat lowering, her cries becoming little sniffles against my neck. The storm stopped, she was gripping my metal fingers in her hand," Shh, shh, shh, shh. It's okay, it's okay, it's okay." She calmed down as I repeated words, her little body becoming limp in my arms as the power she burst took it's hold on her.