Chapter 9

I whined loudly, squirming,
Bucky said" Shh, shh, little angel, you're okay, you're okay." I stopped squirming, and held Toy in my arms tightly." Go on back to sleep, Star, it's okay. You're gonna be just fine." I yawned and fell back to sleep like he said to.

I woke up, rubbing my eyes, my stomach made a growl, I saw Bucky and Steve asleep. I scooted off the bed and walked out, I walked down the hall.
I heard Tony say" What are you doing up, kid?" He crouched down a few away from me, my stomach made a growl again. Then Pepper came in,
She said" Oh, sweetie, you shouldn't be out of bed."
" I think she's hungry. Should we go see what Barnes and Cap are doing?"
" I think they're sleeping because they've been up with a sick sweetie all day and last night." She walked to me and lifted me up, I wrapped my arms around her neck." Let's get you some crackers and juice, huh?" I nodded my head," Okay." She sat me on the counter, I held Toy in my arms, yawning.
I heard Nat say" What's she doing up? Stark, did you leave a candy trail?"
Tony said" No, she just padded out here. Hungry. Barnes and Cap are knocked out." Nat walked to me, she smiled at me, and rubbed my hair back.
" Hey, Star, feeling any better?" I shook my head," Okay, it'll be over soon." Pepper handed me a cracker, I began eating it, my eyes started closing again." Just eat 2 crackers and drink some juice then you can go back to bed, okay?" I nodded my head, chewing on the cracker,
I heard Steve say" Is she okay?" Then I saw him, I made grabby hands," Hi, Star, you okay?" I nodded, he walked to me, I finished my cracker and drank some juice. I started eating the other one, I drank a little more juice and finished the cracker fast. I made grabby hands again, yawning, then rubbing my eyes." Thanks, Nat, Pepper."
" No problem." He lifted me up, I laid my head on his shoulder, I started falling asleep again.
I heard Bucky mumbled" What? What happened?"
Steve whispered" Go back to sleep, the girls had it handled."
" Where's Star?"
" In my arms." I was put down, I scooted to Bucky and cuddled his chest. His arm wrapped around me, I held Toy close.
" Where was she?"
" The kitchen, guess she woke to her stomach growling, decided to go fix it herself."
I mumbled" Nighty night."
Bucky whispered" Sleep well, little angel."
Steve whispered" Goodnight, Star."

Bucky's POV
I was wetting a rag, she's not any better, I was starting to get really worried. I walked back to her and laid the rag on her forehead, she whined loudly,
I cooed" Shh, shh, keep that on your head, it'll help you feel better." Her head flopped to the side, and I knew she was asleep again. I slowly backed out of the room and went into the lounge.
Steve said" Is she getting better?"
I said" She's getting worse. The medicine's not touching the fever, she's squirmy and sick..."
" Maybe it's time for the hospital."
" She'd never trust us... Steve, I need her to trust me."
" The right thing for her is to go to the hospital, to get help."
" Fine..."

I carried a whining Star into the hospital, Steve and Sam behind me, Sam took over talking to the nurse.
He said" She's been sick for a bit, ma'am, and her fever's reaching 101. She needs help now." Then nurses rushed over to us, leading us into a room, I put her down. Sam leaned to Steve and I, he whispered" Her powers won't freak out here, right?" Steve and I looked at each other, then looked at Sam," Oh, great."
Steve said" We just have to make sure she remains calm, and that's why Bucky's here."
I said" Yeah." They started doing the normal procedure, Star yelped as they gently stuck a needle into her arm. The lights started flickering, I leaned to her ear, gulping," Shh, Star. It's okay, Bucky's here." The lights stopped flickering, I kissed the side of her head. Star was chained down, something was placed over her face's left side, then she screamed, the lights around her flickered and she started to struggle. I moved away from her, tilting my head and staring at her, my eyebrows furrowed together.
Steve said" Buck? Buck, what is it?"
" She's telepathic... I think."
" What?"
" I kissed her head, and I saw her chained down."
" What?"
" Yeah." I looked at her," I don't think this is a good idea, Banner can do something."
" We're already here, Buck."