Chapter 5

Bucky's POV
I was watching Star play, after a lot of persuasion I got her dressed in clothes her size.

She walked to me and made grabby hands, I smiled and lifted her up, She said" Wucky!" She smiled and traced my smile, I walked into the kitchen, sitting her on the counter

She said" Wucky!" She smiled and traced my smile, I walked into the kitchen, sitting her on the counter. I made her some toast, and a bowl of strawberries. I'm still teaching her how to eat normal, so telling her it's okay to eat with hands sometimes is just confusing her. And telling her sometimes having to eat with utensils is even more confusing... I feel sorry for her, she's been treated terribly her entire life, and no one's ever gave her love until now.
I said" Okay, toast is a hand food." I picked up the toast and bit it," See? Hand food." I handed it to her, she bit into it, smiling widely, she likes anything, well, out of what I've given her.
" Toast hand!"
" Good job, Star. And bowl of strawberries is hand food too."
" Waw... waw... Wawerries hand."
" Yeah, good job." I smiled at her, she began eating, I sighed and filled her bottle up with milk. She's using a bottle for right now, since we had a little accident yesterday and her powers kinda made 2 blocks have no power for two hours. I gave her the bottle, she wrapped her hands on the grips and began drinking. I put her on the ground and led her to the lounge, we sat down, She pulled her feet up and rolled around. I smiled and watched her, Steve walked in and saw her, he chuckled.
He said" What's she doing?"
I said" I have no clue." She rolled again and sat up, He sat next to me, she giggled around the bottle at us. I smiled at her, she put the bottle down and looked at us.
Bruce said" Okay, Star." He walked to her, sitting across from her," Can you make Toy float?" Star made Toy float, she started giggling, the Toy started moving." Good job, Star." He gave her a few pieces of candy, she clapped her hands and ate them." Now bring Toy to Bucky." Star moved Toy to me, I grabbed it," Good job, Star." He gave her more pieces, she ate them, smiling widely. She started drinking her milk again, I smiled, she giggled at me and rolled around.

Tony put something on Star's head, to study her brain activity,
He said" Okay, Star. Play with the toys." She stared at him, he groaned then looked at me, I smiled a little, looking down.
Bruce said" Star." She looked at him, he shook a bag of m&m's, she laughed, and made grabby hands to the bag. Her brain activity skyrocketed, I smiled," Okay, Star, this is gonna be a little scary, but it's okay. Nothing can happen to you."
I said" What are you-" The box she was in blacked out so she couldn't see me, I couldn't see her," Banner!"
" She's okay, Bucky."
Tony said" There it is, her brain activity just skyrocketed, check outside." Bruce looked outside, it was raining,
She screamed" Wuce! Wucky! Wucky!" A storm started outside, Bruce put down the black out illusion, the storm stopped. She made grabby hands to me,
Bruce said" All right, got the information, Tony?" Tony nodded, Bruce walked into the box and took off the stuff, she ran to me, colliding with my legs. I lifted her up, rocking her in my arms, she nuzzled her face into my neck. I rubbed her back, kissing her head,
I whispered" It's okay, Star, it's okay. You're okay, you're okay. Bucky's right here." She laid her head on my shoulder, I smiled, carrying her out of the lab.
I walked into the lounge and sat down, Star laid on my chest,
Steve said" How'd it go?"
I said" Better than I expected actually. She's okay. Hey, Star, wanna go play with toys?" She didn't look up, Steve leaned over and looked at her,
" She's asleep, thumb in mouth." He gave me her blanket, and helped me wrap her up. I kissed her head, and laid her next to me," She's gonna be okay, Buck."
" Yeah, I know. Are you sure?"
" Yeah, I'm sure. She has us. She's gonna be okay."
" Yeah, being raised by Captain America and an ex-assassin, she's gonna be amazing..."
" Buck, she's gonna be okay." She started whining, I held my metal arm across her arm, she stopped whining and held my hand." See? She likes you."
" Funny, Steve."
" Stop worrying so much."
" They put metal in her... I want to know what it is."
" Bruce says it's her spinal cord. At some point, they had to physically go in and replace part of her spinal cord with metal."
" That's not reassuring."
" I know."

I was watching Star run around the lounge, letting her Toy "fly", I smiled as she laughed. Natasha came in,
She said" What is that?" She chuckled, sitting across from me,
I said" Bruce."
" Too many m&m's, huh?"
" Yep."
" How bad do you want to tell him off?"
" So much." She laughed," When will she stop?"
" I'll call Barton." She got up, walking away,
" No, don't-" She laughed and walked away faster, I sighed and looked at Star. She spun around then fell onto her butt, I got up, she wobbled back onto her feet, I sat back down. She yawned,
She said" Hi, Wucky!"
" Hi, Star. What're you doing?"
" Dunno." She rolled over, then walked to me, making grabby hands, I took her into my arms. She laid her head on my metal arm, I smiled and kissed her head.
Soon, Natasha and Clint came in, they saw Star playing with dolls between my feet.
Natasha said" Looks like you're better at this than you think, Barnes."
Clint said" She seems okay."
" She's fine. Right, Star?" Star nodded her head, then got up, and gave Clint a toy. She stared at him, then sat down at his feet, he joined her and began playing.