(Deltora Quest) The Hidden Crystals of Deltora 2

Nebe and Ruen were walking in front of the group, trying to ignore Teru and Melli that were behind him. And once again, the two were arguing over something ridiculous.

"My sword is better that your stupid toys!"

"Nah! Mine is better! Your sword is to common. Everybody uses them these days! Mines are unique and rare!"

"This sword is not some piece of junk you little brat!"

"You said it, not me."

"Why you!"

And clearly, Melli was winning this battle as Teru had just insulted his own weapon by accident.

'When will they stop?' Nebe asked herself, now getting annoyed by the two boys behind her.

'Must they really fight when there might be dangers in every corner?' Ruen thought, also getting annoyed by their petty arguing.

As they kept on walking, Nebe felt something warming against her chest. Thinking it was Dinni, she looked down. But she didn't see the furball anywhere, and remembered that he was asleep in her satchel, like he would always do whenever she walks through the halls of the castle.

Placing a hand over her chest, she felt it warming against her hand to. Nebe slipped her hands under her blue cloak and felt the warm ice crystal warming even hotter giants her hand.

"The crystal is close...." Nebe whispered. The two in the back didn't hear, but Aruen heard her whisper out loud. H then looked over at her.

"Crystal? Do you mean one of the crystal?" Ruen asked, Nebe nodded as Ruen looked out at the trail. Nebe looked at him and saw his hands tapping giants his leg a bit, meaning he was thinking.

"Since we're in the forest..." Ruen started, looking at Nebe. "The crystal should be green, which will make it hard for us to look for."

"Wait! Are you saying that it'll take us to find it?!" Teru exclaimed, overhearing their conversation.

Ruen sighed, and rubbed his temples. "Yes, it will take us a while. Probably two or three months. Of course it matters how big this forest is, it may take a long time to find that crystal."

Teru groaned, wanting to hit his head on the tree if he was hearing right. 'Months to find a crystal. How fantastic.' Teru thought sarcastically.

"I don't think that will be necessary." Nebe said, and before the others could what she meant, she brought out her pendent from under her blue cloak.

"My crystal is warm.... That means the other crystal should be near." Nebe answered as the three looked at each other.

"Wait.... So you have a crystal?" Melli asked, Nebe nodded. "And I'm guessing you all have a crystal also, am I correct?" Nebe asked, smirking slightly as Teru nodded.

"But how did you know?"

"I've noticed when we were fighting the grey guards. Teru's crystal is the Crystal Desert, which is a pin on your cloak. Ruen has the Crystal Fire, which is crested on your left glove. And on the rim of Melli's dwarf hat is the Crystal Sea." Nebe smiled before frowning. "I've noticed something, how come all your crystal are broken in half?"

Melli and Teru just shrugged, not really knowing the reason, but as for Ruen. He had this worry look on his eye as he had to look away. "We're not even sure, but I'm sure that the half of the crystal should be somewhere in Deltora, right?" Teru said as Nebe nodded slightly, looking at Ruen.

Soon, the four were walking back on the trail. And of course, Melli and Teru were arguing yet again, but as for Ruen, he was awfully quiet than usual.