(Deltora Quest) The Hidden Crystals of Deltora 4

Nebe:

I took a deep breath, a little shaky that my pretend brother had almost caused my death by tickling me. But I was now worried about Teru and my pretend brother. 

Geat... Now I'm calling him my pretend brother.

Ignoring that, i watched as my pretend brother and Teru's swords clash together making loud metal sounds.

 "Just try to defeat me! I, Akun, protector of the forest crystal!" Akun yelled, bringing his sword down. Teru saw and quickly blocked his sword with his own, kicking him o the chest sending him back.

"You'll regret that!"

While I struggled against my bounds, I heard Melli and Ruen.

"Melli! Ruen!" I yelled out for him. I turned my head where the rustling came from and i then recognized the dwraf hat and flaming hair.

"Nebe!" Melli exclaimed, running over towards me.

"Can you get me out of here?" I asked, I then heard chittering as I looked over at Dinni, who was hanging on Teru's shoulder.

"Dinni!" I exclaimed.

I heard Dinni's loud chittering before jumping off Teru's shoulder. He passed by Akun, causing him to gasp and barely dodging Teru's sword. Dinni flew until he landed on my feet. He then started to climb up my feet towards the rope, went behind me as I felt the rope loosen and move a bit.

Soon, the rope fell down and moved my hands and scooped Dinni up with my hands. "Thank you Dinni!" I exlcaimed, rubbing him against my cheek as he did the same thing.

"Well, can we hurry and help Teru before this green hair guy kills him?!" Melli panicked, I nodded before climbing back up on my feet. Dinni ran up my arm and stopped on my shoulder, chittering loudly.

"Alright!" Melli yelled, bringing his weapons out, spinning them right before he attacked Akun. But Akun sensed the yoyos heading right towards him as he ducked, the yoyos barely touching his head as it headed towards Teru.

Teru wasn't fast enough and Melli couldn't pull the yoyos back as it hitted Teru full on the chest, sending him back till he hitted the tree.

Teru groaned in pain before looking up at Melli with anger in his pain. "Watch where you're aiming those things!"

"Well sorry! You weren't fast enough to dodge it!"

"Don't blame all this on me! How was I supposed to know that you were going to attack!"

While the two argued, Ruen and I grimaced before Ruen brought out his weapons and i got on stance.

"Haa!" Ruen yelled, moving forward while i did the same. Except I was faster and i ran in front of Akun, trying to punch him on the face. He duck down, but what he didn't see was Ruen's sword slashing down on him.

i grimaced, ready to feel the blood on my face, but none came as i heard a crack. I widened my eyes to see Akun's arms in front of his face, and in front of him was a wooden shield that came out of nowhere which blocked Ruen's giant sword. Ruen gasped before Akun used force to move forward, bringing his sword in front of him when the wooden shield suddenly disappeared and knocked Ruen's giant sword.

The giant sword flew and landed in the dirt far away from them. It was then Melli and Teru stopped fighting and widened his eyes to see what had just happen.

Akun smirked, bringing his sword in front of him. But right before he charged in, we all heard low rumbled causing Akun to stop.

We all directed our attention towards the bush to hear the low growling and familiar golden eyes glaring at us. I shivered a bit, those hunched back familiar shadows were back again. And they've multiplied. I saw one of the shadows come out, blood running down it's mouth, growling before charging at us, the monsters behind him doing the same.