Chapter 1

picture-miilkbreaads on instagram

song -don't worry you will -lovelytheband

As I was walking through the halls of my familiar high school, the peace and quiet was suddenly disturbed by a loud voice yelling "Y/N!!!!"

I turned around and saw an ecstatic kuroo dragging a seemingly unenthusiastic kenma behind him.

At this sight, I ran to kuroo, jumped up, and hugged him.

"I missed you so much y/n" he said as he gently put me on the ground. once on the ground, kenma ruffled my (h/l) (h/c) hair not looking away from his game.

"It was only 1 summer and I was constantly at both of your houses," I said as I was turning a light pink from embarrassment.

"Oh, whatever it felt like forever," kuroo said.

"Well I have to go to class now I'll see you later guys," I turned and started walking to my class.

Time skip

At the end of the day, I was really dreading getting home and seeing my parents again.

No matter what I did they were always so unhappy and they never supported me in anything, so I was usually at kuroo's house (his mom thought of me as her daughter) or I was at kenma's house, which was nice because his parents were never home.

As I thought about how fun my summer was with kuroo and kenma, the realization that I was home dawned upon me.

I slowly opened the front door and tried running to my room to escape my parents.

Unfortunately, they were waiting for me this time

"Oh, and where have you been I thought you were supposed to be home an hour ago young lady" my mother said to me.

"Mom, I told you school gets out at 3:00, not 2:00." I replied.

"Neither of us believe your bullsh*t now tell us where you were" my father yelled at me, starting to stand up.

I threw my school schedule at them and ran to my room.

As soon as I got to my room they had already found something else wrong with me and they busted down my door to yell at me.

Time skip

I sat in my bed crying, for the last fight had been one of the worst ones yet.

They threw things at me, giving my bruises and cuts and yelled the awful and hurtful things.

'Tonight...tonight is when I finally escape' I thought as I packed a couple bags full of my essentials like clothes, phone, chargers, shoes and uniforms.

I grabbed all the money I had been gathering for years and hid everything for the right time.

Around 1 am when everyone was asleep I cracked open my window and threw my bags out, then myself. I was on the 1st floor so I didn't get hurt.

Once I closed my window I grabbed my bags and ran 2 streets down where kenma's house was.

Using the spare key he had given me years ago I opened the door, set my bags down, closed and locked the door, and ran upstairs to Kenma's room.

Once I opened the door I saw he was still gaming (because it was now a Saturday since it was past midnight).

As soon as he saw the state I was in(hair messy, tear stains, some bruises and cuts), he set his controller down and held me as I cried.

He didn't ask what I was doing there, he didn't make me tell him what had happened. He just held me as I cried.

Once I was done crying I stepped back. He looked at me questioningly, as if to ask if I wanted to talk about it,  and as if to reply to his "question" I shook my head no.

After this, he just picked me up and laid me in his bed while he continued to play games until I fell asleep.

Once I had fallen asleep he grabbed some spare blankets and made himself a bed on the floor and fell asleep.