Chapter 35: It was Real

Warning: Even if I put a warning, you've pushed yourself deep into this story. There's no coming back, no escaping!

♡★♔♚♚♔★♡

Dream's POV

After a couple of minutes of climbing down the ladder in pitch darkness, trying our best not to fall off or accidentally slip, we managed to reach the end.

At the end of the tunnel was a room with ivory walls and a tiled floor. It was just one room with a desk in the middle of the room. On top of the desk was a computer.

We tiptoed over towards the computer, listening intently for any strange and out of the blue sounds. We scanned the room for any dangers or threats. None and none.

I sat down on the computer and turned it on. After a couple of seconds, the screen flickered to life. The screen displayed a photo of baby ducks as the background and a big enter password at the center.

"What do you think the password is, love?" I turned to George.

He rubbed his chin, staring at the screen, thinking critically. "Try entering some random words and maybe it'll give a hint."

"Good idea." I typed in a sentence. "I love George."

Incorrect.

George laughed. "The computer said you don't love me."

"No! The computer's the one that should know better."

"Yeah, I love you too, dork."

I typed a question. "Where is Bad?"

Incorrect.

"Tell me."

Incorrect. Have you forgotten your password?
Hint: Prj. Beta Phal

"Beta phal?" George said and suddenly, his eyes widened. "Ah! That code! I still remember it. I think it goes like Project Beta Phal Exp2 Inv 64_1_196_625."

"Oh yeah, that! And by the way, how in the world did you manage to remember that?" I asked, an impressed grin pasted on my face.

"I memorized it. I thought it was important and look, it really is." He replied.

"So from my calculations. Beta phal is an anagram for alphabet. I think EXP2 means exponent 2 which also means squared or to the power of two. I believe that the INV means inverted and squared inverted is square root. You get the square roots of the following numbers and find the alphabet to that corresponding number and you will get...HANYA." I explained.

George looked at me blankly, blinking his doe eyes a couple of times. "W-Wait..did you just do all of that in your head?"

"You are not the only one who has a big brain, love." I chuckled, pinching his cheek.

I entered "HANYA" and it successfully unlocked the computer. There wasn't much in the computer but what caught my attention was a folder labeled "Projects, Plans and Inventions".

I opened it and we both read it.

Portal Gun: The portal gun is almost complete, I've already implemented 50% of the needed affinity. From research, it is said it will be impossible to finish this invention from the very rare and expensive requirements it needs. But I will try. I will not give up.

There is a picture attached and showed a futuristic kind of gun that was very colorful.

"Wait, that looks like the gun I found!" George said and rummaged through his backpack. He placed a gun on the desk that was the same as the gun on the picture.