Chapter 39: Betrayal

George's POV

I fell down to the floor, my throat burning up as I coughed uncontrollably. My neck reddened with Skeppy's hand print clearly visible.

If I wasn't gonna die from the gun, I would've died from suffocation.

"Bad..." Skeppy hurtled towards Bad, his arms wide open, his eyes a little glossy with tears.

Skeppy collided with Bad, enfolding him in a tight hug. "I'm sorry." He said, his voice softening with melancholy.

"It's okay." Bad stroked Skeppy's back in comfort and understanding. He pulled back and gazed deeply into his eyes. "We've talked about this, Skeppy. No more hurting people."

Skeppy nodded, like a kid who just got scolded by their parents. "I understand. I will not hurt anymore. Especially you." He smiled timidly at Bad. "If that's what makes you happy, I'll happily do it."

"I know, Skeppy." Bad tilted Skeppy's head downwards and planted a gentle kiss on his head. "I know."

"Bad? You were with him all along?" Sapnap asked, staring at Bad, deceived and betrayed. "You knew ever since at the beginning?"

Bad winced at Sapnap's words, regret hitting him like a diamond sword with Knockback II. "I..."

"You were the one who blackmailed A6d and the twins, didn't you!?" Sapnap accused, pointing a trembling finger at him.

"No! I--"

"I..I'm not in the mood for this. No excuse is gonna mend our friendship back again. What did we ever do to you both?" Sapnap sighed deeply, his hurt-filled eyes replaced with empty ones. His grip on the flail tightened, his knuckles turning even more pale.

"Come on. Let's get out here." He gestured at us, leaving the assembly hall first. The flail scratched the floor behind him, producing an ear-splitting sound.

Dream followed Sapnap, his head hanging down low, preoccupied.

I stood up and headed towards them but before I could exit the room, I looked back at Skeppy and Bad, giving them a long look.

I tried to imagine and place myself in their shoes, attempting to understand them. Attempting to relate to them, attempting to share their pain.

But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't see the point of this betrayal.

For more money? More power? Is it really worth it? Skeppy's already rich, what more could they possibly want?

"I hope you both have a good reason for all of this madness." I said and left, not sparing another glance.

♡★♔♚♚♔★♡

We found ourselves trudging back to the village, our minds flooded and clouded by thoughts and questions.

I still can't believe Skeppy was the one behind all of this chaos and that Bad was with him and supporting his evil schemes.

I gave Bad my wholehearted trust, I considered him as a friend. A best friend, even. Now? We're back to strangers again.

Because of this, I don't know who to trust anymore. Even our best friend betrayed us. Is A6d with them too? Are the twins with them too? I don't know anymore.

I don't know if I could trust my own boyfriend now. He's been acting weird. At first, we were excited when we found the tunnel. The next thing I knew, he just started crying out of the blue and hugged me like we haven't seen each other in a while.

It was as if he lost me.

Sapnap was still fuming, aggressively kicking the rocks that he passed by, still dragging his flail on the ground. Luckily, it didn't produce a loud screech.