》Chapter 01《

Paws Poked Her.

"When is Silverkit gonna wake up?" a voice asked.

"Maybe she's dead!" a panicked voice butted in, followed by the sound of a paw hiting something and an "ouch"

"Watch your words," a feminine, soothing voice said "She's just sleepy, like the rest of you have been most of the time for the past days . And just because you three have learned how to talk does not mean you can speak whatever is in your thoughts, that means you too Salmonkit. You're just two and a half moons old like your sisters but you have a rude mouth of an apprentice"

"Which means I can be an apprentice" The voice, Salmonkit said

"Then as your duty as an apprentice you'll be changing all the cats' nests, check the elders' fleas & cleaning the dirtplace"

The sound of paws shuffling and a defeated sigh followed "On second thought, I still want to be a kit for now mother"

"Shhh..look, she's awake!"

Silverkit's eyelids fluttered slowly open, light blinding her for a fraction of a second. When her eyes opened once more, a little body blocked the sunlight seeping through the entrance of the nursery. Silver fur is all that she saw, looking up, a pair of grayish eyes stared at her.

"Good morning Silverkit!" the she kit smiled.

Silverkit let out a grunt "Same to you I guess, Minnowkit."

Minnowkit kept blabbing in her ear to get up before annoying their mother next "Lilypaw, can we go outside to play now, pleeaaassse?"

Lilypaw chuckled before using her muzzle to push an annoyed Salmonkit outside "Fine. Salmonkit, you're in charge of these two" the red furred kit changed his expression from a moody one into an excited grin as he ran outside the nursery like a mouse being chased.

When no one followed, his head peeped in "What are you waiting for guys? let's go!" Minnowkit squealed in delight as she ran off and Silverkit just joined her, feeling excited and energetic now as well.

"Remember, don't leave the camp or annoy the others!" their mother meowed.

"We won't." they said in unison.

The Shadowclan camp was extremely big! There were several dens surrounding the area in circular way. The walls of the camp are made up of branches with spiky little twigs along with other stuff that seemed really sharp. White stuff covered the ground in heaps which the other warriors kept pushing in piles towards the wall barriers. They were forced to be kept in the nursery by their overprotective father for two moons!

"What is this?" Minnowkit jumped face first into the pile of white stuff that sprinkled the two, only to yowl in surprise and squirm out. "Starclan, it's really cold!"

Lilypaw rushed out "What happened?" She licked her kit, who was shivering till the whiskers. Salmonkit brushed off the white flakes on his muzzle "Minnowkit jumped into a pile of snow," he answered, a mrrow of laughter following.

Their mother let out a low growl "If this was the first thing you'd all do, then I'm thankful your father forced you to stay in the nursery for the first moons of your life, you can all come back in now."

Minnowkit jumped suddenly "No I'm okay," she assured, "Don't let us go back in, we'll be very good."

She ran away, the other two following. Their mother just went back in the nursery and they waited till her eyes were not looking at them.

"That was a close one." Minnowkit breathed heavily, tired from running to the very far end of the camp.

Salmonkit cuffed her on the ear "What were even thinking? Jumping in the snow and alarming her when you're not even hurt."