》Chapter03《

They Planned Everything Through.

Even if they despised sleeping, they would try to sleep most of the day, only coming out to play so that no one gets suspicious. Lionstripe was now busy sending out patrols and doing other stuff a deputy does. Lilypaw on the other paw, started going out on patrols. Since she already knew the basics of a warrior the one who volunteered to mentor her was Midnight. This brought more suspicions to the clan because she was an elder.

"I retired because I'm not as useful as I was before," she had meowed. "However, I still want to do some excercise and training. Lilypaw is doing me a favor."

The senior warriors were annoyed that Midnight came and go to patrols whenever she pleased, only to come back to a den with the softest moss and the tastiest toads. It was like she wasn't even an elder, her battle moves were still great and she had the nerve to come back from a hunting patrol with prey that made the others' own catch look little as she had apprentices ready to check for ticks and had tasty prey immediately in her mouth.

"Its basically a warrior who wants to be spoiled like a kittypet." a warrior sneered.

But that warrior was soon a sparring partner for the she-cat's 'excercise', and to whoever told someone that the warrior was pinned to the ground in a few heartbeats, is actually not lying.

But today, Midnight is in her soft feather covered moss bed, all three kits in front of her, listening to her stories.

"And that's how I defeated Windclan's deputy." The three kits chorused a 'wow' as the black she-cat finished her story.

"Woah, you're really great!" Salmonkit's eyes gleamed in adoration.

"Well of course she's great," Minnowkit agreed. "She's a ShadowClan warrior."

"Oh, she wasn't born one." A salty tone of voice came from behind. "I was the one who actually found her."

Everyone looked at the brown messy furred elder from behind. The others were snickering at the annoyed tom who was listening to them.

"Was it found?" Midnight tilted her head, a teasing smile appeared "I'm pretty sure it's more like..defeated, surprised, caught off guard, I'm not sure."

Claweye chuckled "Wait, I remember that da-"

"Don't. You. Dare.." Dirtfur growled.

"Oh I remember that day," Plumppelt joined in, ignoring the death stare targeted at him. "We were all warriors at that time, on a usual night patrol."

"What happened during that time?" Silverkit asked.

Claweye continued the narration "Well, we were all out to check for any intruders and to report back, it was the full moon at that time, so since the moonlight was bright, the darker the shadows of the forest. I remember enjoying the pitch black shadows that would help us be hidden. Dirtfur here, thought it would be a great idea to scout ahead, far away from us."

"Why'd he do that?" Minnowkit glanced at the pissed tom who looked like he was gonna kill every single one of them soon.

"Doese'nt he know that going alone means he can be ambushed?" Salmonkit added.

"I know right?" Claweye agreed, ignoring the tom who hit her on her back. "Well, we heard screams not so later in front of us. We ran to help Dirtfur, only to find something..amusing."

"You kits should have seen the look on his face," Plumppelt laughed, his fat body creating wave vibrations that added into the reason of everyone's laughter. "We saw a she-cat as black as the shadows we had that night. We did not intervene when we saw that there were no gleaming thing on her paws, meaning claws were sheathed. Midnight kept leaping around, appearing here and dissappearing there. It was as if a shadow just messed with us"