》Chapter 05《

Grief Kept Her Awake..

Turns out, Silverkit still had a tail..somehow. It was short but won't be considered a bob tail, nor was it long enough to be an average forest cat's tail. There were some sort of gooey chewed herbs on the tip of her tail remains, perhaps added to avoid infection. Her clanmates woke up one by one as she just watched the cats go on about their duties before they settle in the dens when dawn comes, the view from the den rooftop really can see afar because of how high it was, and since it was by a wall barrier she could see the outside of camp.

She tried her best to not wake Ravenfeather, but she kept squirming and shuffling her paws. Sleep did not feel appealing to her right now. The black she-cat stirred when the kit rolled over.

"You don't feel sleepy, do you?" she grunted.

"Sorry," Silverkit apologized "I guess you don't have to explain the tail though. Should you give me poppy seeds to sleep?"

"Do you want me to?"

She imagined just sleeping on such a sunny day. Shadowclan has different schedules when it comes to clan life, they would be sleeping when the sun is high up in the sky, glaring down at the pine forest, the only times they were awake is when it was almost sundown when the sun starts to set, whole night, till dawn comes and the sun is rising, emitting an orange glow to the sky. Her tummy growled, its answer already chosen when she should wake up. She peered down and saw a dawn hunting patrol that left earlier bring back prey. A certain brown furred mouse caught her eye.

"No thank you, but can I go down to eat?"

The she-cat just flicked her tail as she curled herself in her nest "You can go down to eat. But you have to come back, you're confined to the medicine den for two sunrises or so because I have to inspect your tail and the fox bite on your paw. "

"Okay, see you later." Silverkit bounded off, taking the rocky stair steps to the grassy ground, she made sure that her injured paw was raised gingerly, and if not should only softly touch the ground. It felt weird for her to walk around without the weight of her tail to balance herself, the paw that was bitten by the fox swelled a bit, but she guessed that Ravenfeather had already put chewed herbs on it to avoid infection and other possible sickness..if there was any that is.

She picked the juicy mouse to eat at the side of the camp. But just her luck, the first two to have seen her has the familiar pelts of gray and both had green eyes.

Plumpelt looked at her crossly as his eyes were filled with concern, anger and relief "When you asked us about the forest, I didn't know you were the one just using us to bring yourself into trouble. Why didn't you listen to Minnowkit and Salmonkit?"

Wait what?

Claweye growled "You don't know how frightened we were! When Tawnystar announced you missing I felt like it was my fault. Thank Starclan that I suggested looking West first."

Silverkit felt her ears heat up with embarrasment, "Minnowkit said that where our noses pointed, it was North."

"There's a difference between your North and the actual territory's North."

Oh..

Silverkit felt as if she had accidentally created chaos in the camp just because of a stupid emotional decision, "Im sorry."

The two elders did not smile, nor were friendly looking, which means that it would take more of an apology to make them tell any more information about the outside world. "The most important thing that matters is that you're safe." Plumppelt sighed, Claweye just nodded in agreement "And we're pretty sure that loosing your tail is way past the punishment you should have gotten, but don't be cool about this because we will never forget this moment."